Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2012 journey engine problems

Old 03-18-2016, 11:05 AM
automan47
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i spoke to soon,they just called and it's ready,found no problems in a long test drive ,so we shall see.will ley you know in a couple days.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:51 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Sounds good, automan47. Hopefully your vehicle is good to go!

Old 03-25-2016, 03:40 PM
automan47

well it's been a week and my daughter says the car is missing,i go scan it and the first code i get is u2500 and here's what i found "(CAN) Lack of Acknowledgement From Engine Management" have no idea what it means,scan it a 2nd time get a code that says "p0002" and another that says co424 plus several more,so i take it to autozone and he gets the u2500 code and no more.no check engine light on but the car is missing and the chrysler garage is closed .as i said before this car has never had one problem until the head replacement and now nothing but problems. i'll take it back to chrysler on monday but this will be the last time before i contact the lawyer,54k on the car and it's falling a part and again all started because of a head that's been replaced twice alond with other problems i wrote about

Old 03-30-2016, 04:13 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

What do you mean when you say the car is missing? Is the vehicle currently at the dealership?

Old 03-30-2016, 05:00 PM
automan47

no check engine lite on and it has a dead miss weather it's fuel or spark or whatever we don't know because the only code is the the u2500 code. i called the dealership service 21 times,left 8 messages for the service writer and service mgr since monday and still no return calls,finally called the GM of the dealership and got results. As i told him ,i am not sure if it's related to the last 3 times or just another problem,all i wanted was for someone to call me back and discuss it but that didn't happen.He said to bring the car in,he would furnish a car and there would be no charge , he says this should never happen and service should have called back an he is sorry. its a shame because the car has never had a problem until these repairs started and remember 3 times for the same problem for a total of 1 month in the shop in 5 weeks ,did the computer get shorted out ? is a wire broke or is it something else? guess we will find out.my daughter is very reluctant to go very far because of the problems and shehas 2 kids that are into sports and is on the go all week but lets wait and see

Old 03-31-2016, 11:50 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

I'm glad you are getting somewhere with the GM. He is correct, it's unacceptable for a service department to not at least simply keep in touch with a customer and return phone calls.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:09 PM
automan47

well, the saga is over,as i said my daughter loves her journey but was so afraid of the car after all the problems she elected to trade it for a 2016 journey and she is very happy. she did not trade at the dealer that did the repairs only because they could not come close to the price that she got from the other dealer and i have to say a big thank you to the GM at the repairing dealer for all the help he gave and thanks to this forum for all your help and before anyone ask the difference in price on the same car,with the same equip. was over $2k, too much of a difference not to buy from the other dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 journey engine problems