Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2012 journey engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 12:57 PM
automan47
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 journey engine problems

in early feb 2016 we had to take my daughter's 2012 to chrysler for the head replacement,that took about a week,appox 10 days after getting the car back she pulls in to the drive and oil is pouring out of it, called the service dept back,had the car towed back. This time we was told the oil cooler line broke(i have my doubts about it breaking on it's own) which caused the oil filter houseing to break and flooded the radiator with oil,replaced the raditator,filer houseing and several other parts,this took 2 weeks. less then a week later she calles me and tells me the engine light is on, sent a guy over to scan it and get the code PO6DD,wrong filter or bad oil pump. back to the garage,it's now been 3 days and i'll guess it's not the filter,sure wouldn't take 3 days to replace the filter. called the service writer and left a message to please run a compression test because of all the oil problems,i doubt they will do it. My 1questions to the forum what other problems could these problems?
the car has about 55k on it.thanks

Old 03-12-2016, 07:35 PM
bigtsr
Captain

There are 2 different sized oil filter elements used on the 3.6
Pentastar , possibly they put the wrong one in the housing.
If you run without oil the engine could be toast the compression
test would give you a clue.
The radiator I assume is the small oil rad that is part of filter
assy located in the center of the valley.
I would open a problem ticket with Chryslers H.O. just to cover all
the bases.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:42 PM
automan47

no it was the main radiator had to be replaced and after 3 days i would think they would have replace the oil filter and gave the car back,my guess is it's the oil pump and who knows what else.another forum i visited said it can take up to 2 weeks to get a new revised pump. and as i stated before this all started when the head was replaced, did something go wrong there that caused the next 2 problems? oh and they also said they had to flushed the system several times because it pumped oil thur out the system.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:35 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Any updates over the past few days, automan47?

Old 03-15-2016, 06:48 PM
automan47

no,nothing new ,as i said iam sure it's the oil pump and from what i understand it may take a couple weeks to get the right pump or they are not telling us everything. as i said this all started with the head replacement 51/2 weeks ago and now going on 4 weeks of the car being in the shop but they are paying for the rental . never a problem with this car until the head and it's all been downhill since then but i just worry about what else might be wrong and thanks for asking

Old 03-16-2016, 11:06 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

I'm glad they are taking care of the rental for you. Please keep us posted on this situation and let me know if there is any way I can further assist!

Old 03-16-2016, 07:26 PM
automan47

ok here's the latest,got a call from the shop and was told all the problems ,oil filter houseing cracking,oil cooler breaking and the latest the po6dd code was all caused from a bad head they put on several weeks ago,3 times in the shop,head replacement,cracked oil filter houseing and such and it comes back to the 1st head they put on? that's a hard one to swallow, any one else think this sounds funny? iam open for any ideas.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:08 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

If most of your symptoms didn't start occurring until after that repair, it's certainly possible. Did they give you an ETA on repair completion?

Old 03-17-2016, 11:26 AM
automan47

no eta.service writer drove the car home last night if he made it ,i got no word today and it's going on noon,that might not be a good sign.

Last edited by automan47; 03-17-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:28 AM
automan47

well it's going on 48 hours since they ask about driving the car and it either broke down on them or they found something else wrong

Quick Reply: 2012 journey engine problems