Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2016 dodge journey-upgrade the 4.3 radio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 07:02 PM
racin90
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 dodge journey-upgrade the 4.3 radio?

I see on youtube you can install a lockpic and make the backup cam and navigation work through the 4.3 screen. Problem is I'm not sure if the 2016 is the same as the 2015 and I have no idea how to do that. They say its plug and play. Also what do I use to make the navigation work? Buy a separate module I'm assuming to interface with the lockpic?

Old 06-04-2016, 07:03 PM
racin90
Rookie

there is another video showing the navigation working. They will not sell it too me as I'm not a dealer lol. its a lockpic and those are available on ebay but id like to talk to someone who has actually done one and see if they liked it or not

Old 06-04-2016, 07:05 PM
racin90
Rookie

Here is the navi unit.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:42 PM
invkevin

I looked at that too and found the price of $1,700 to be a bit high and it works with the 4.3 if you cut a loop wire in the harness and the 8.4 systems as is. I won't be trying it at that price. I got mine with the 8.4 RE2 (no navigation) but it has a backup camera. I will just use my android phone with navigation for now.

I plan on adding a front camera and 2 blind spot mirror cameras in a week or two.

Parts are on the way. For now they will be viewable on a 5" screen that I ordered since I can't find out which pins on the harness enable the backup camera anywhere.

If anyone knows where I can find a harness wiring diagram for the 8.4 please post it here.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:15 PM
racin90
Rookie

I ended up buying a navitv unit off ebay for 250. Guy said it worked and backed it up. I put it in and my radio screen was blurry and the gps didn't work. Long story short he refunded my money but didn't want the unit back. Wow! I called navitv up and they said they would ck it out and can fix them. Cost me 175 for all the repairs and they even upgraded the gps to 2015 maps for free. Excellent customer service. Yes they are pricy but tell you what. I'm pleased!!!! No replaceing dash pieces. Goes right through my existing radio. Bought a parrot miki unit and it goes through the stereo speakers as well. All in all between the navi unit and repairs....shipping.......wiring harnesses.....parrot system....backup cam I have 410 dollars in it all. Wife is happy and that's really all that matters lol

Old 08-07-2016, 08:46 PM
invkevin

Originally Posted by invkevin
I looked at that too and found the price of $1,700 to be a bit high and it works with the 4.3 if you cut a loop wire in the harness and the 8.4 systems as is. I won't be trying it at that price. I got mine with the 8.4 RE2 (no navigation) but it has a backup camera. I will just use my android phone with navigation for now.

I plan on adding a front camera and 2 blind spot mirror cameras in a week or two.

Parts are on the way. For now they will be viewable on a 5" screen that I ordered since I can't find out which pins on the harness enable the backup camera anywhere.

If anyone knows where I can find a harness wiring diagram for the 8.4 please post it here.

I don't need the navigation as my google android phone is good for that and I already have the factory backup camera and parking sensors.

I installed my front and 2 blind spot camera's and have a 5" screen that is mounted in the corner of the driver side window area and it brings up the camera when the turn signals are on or if I press a button that activates the front camera.

When the lockpick air with Wi-Fi is listed as working for the 2016 DJ I might get one of those and feed the cameras to the 8.4 display unit. It can also output the DVD to screens I may get for the back seats.

I would like to know what NaviTv unit model number that you got was ?

Quick Reply: 2016 dodge journey-upgrade the 4.3 radio?