Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2009 Dodge Journey A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 12:04 AM
molly1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Dodge Journey A/C problems

Help! I have had 2 problems with the A/C system. First, the blower stops working on all vents although a small amount of cold air can be felt when holding your hand to a vent. Sometimes restarting the vehicle will restart the blower or if you hit a small bump in the road the blower will restart. Sounds like a bad connection but I do not know where to look. Second problem is hot air blowing out the drivers side vents. Cold air blows out the passengers side and all rear vents, both sides are blowing cold. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:02 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by molly1
Help! I have had 2 problems with the A/C system. First, the blower stops working on all vents although a small amount of cold air can be felt when holding your hand to a vent. Sometimes restarting the vehicle will restart the blower or if you hit a small bump in the road the blower will restart. Sounds like a bad connection but I do not know where to look. Second problem is hot air blowing out the drivers side vents. Cold air blows out the passengers side and all rear vents, both sides are blowing cold. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Are you willing to bring it in to a certified dealer for diagnosis? Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Old 07-12-2016, 02:19 PM
ron123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by molly1
Here is report of same symptom of hot on one vent and cold on the other vent.
Has detailed photos of mechanisms that open and close the vents - no final fix:
http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/top...lend-actuator/
Ron

Last edited by ron123; 07-12-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Quick Reply: 2009 Dodge Journey A/C problems