Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

shift cable replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 05:14 PM
Tom Lawrence
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift cable replacement

So I am attempting to replace the shift cable on my 2009 Dodge Journey 2.4l 4cyl auto.

Update:

So I disconnected the cable from the transmission side and from the Shifter assembly. The rubber grommet through the firewall was a pain. I pushed on it from below to unseat it, then pushed it through the hole and took the cable out on the engine side. Fed the new cable in from engine side and pushed the grommet through the hole. The grommet seats from the inside. Getting the grommet to seat was a two man job. One inside pushing and one below the car pulling on the back side of the grommet.

And note: you do not need to remove the shifter ****.

Anyway success, car is back together.

Last edited by Tom Lawrence; 07-18-2016 at 01:41 AM. Reason: update
Old 10-03-2017, 08:21 AM
Frank Adjei
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Lawrence
So I am attempting to replace the shift cable on my 2009 Dodge Journey 2.4l 4cyl auto.

Update:

So I disconnected the cable from the transmission side and from the Shifter assembly. The rubber grommet through the firewall was a pain. I pushed on it from below to unseat it, then pushed it through the hole and took the cable out on the engine side. Fed the new cable in from engine side and pushed the grommet through the hole. The grommet seats from the inside. Getting the grommet to seat was a two man job. One inside pushing and one below the car pulling on the back side of the grommet.

And note: you do not need to remove the shifter ****.

Anyway success, car is back together.
Hi Tom, I want replace my cable as well. Can you help where I can buy one.

Quick Reply: shift cable replacement