Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Dodge Journey GPS Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Olumide
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Journey GPS Install

Hi folks

I decided to upgrade my 2009 DODGE JOURNEY SE HATCHBACK by buying the GPS display with the Stereo system

I suddenly hit a dead end as i found out that the harness is not compatible with it so i went back and got the harness, Now the problem i need help for is how to run the wiring.

Just trying to save some quid for the pub!

Thanks all

David

Old 02-17-2017, 10:30 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Is this a factory or aftermarket install?

Old 02-17-2017, 10:54 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

A plug in window mount would have saved your nerves. Less need for alcohol to quell
(:

Old 02-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Olumide

Yes it is the original factory install as i bought the complete set of someone who is breaking 09 Journey.

I;ve got:

1. Stereo (the one with 3 big *****) mine is got 2 big *****
2 Display
3 All the harness

The problem is how to run the harness

Thank you

David

Old 02-25-2017, 11:20 AM
Olumide

All done now!

Must confess, am not really impressed with this forum. Its a far cry from the experience i had with the Mazda and Nissan forums.

However, for those who may want to do the same, all you need is the workshop manual and you won't need any forum or anybody (holding back on information). I bought the manual for Journey 2009/2010 and installing the complete GPS system and reverse camera on 09 was easy-peasy.

My 09 Journey is now fully upgraded and loads of value added. Ended up saving more than i ever imagine, may have cost me more if i had to rely on the forum? Pub here i come!!!

adieu.

Last edited by Olumide; 02-26-2017 at 03:32 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:15 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Olumide
All done now!

Must confess, am not really impressed with this forum. Its a far cry from the experience i had with the Mazda and Nissan forums.

adieu.
Don't let the door hit you in the ***. A forum is for wisdom...a service manual is for knowledge. Let us know when your $1500 factory radio, in your 8 year old car, that you have to look DOWN at the GPS on, takes a dump and you go buy aftermarket anyway. All but making your project a complete waste of time.

Last edited by TNtech; 02-26-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:58 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Olumide
All done now!

However, for those who may want to do the same, all you need is the workshop manual and you won't need any forum or anybody (holding back on information). I bought the manual for Journey 2009/2010 and installing the complete GPS system and reverse camera on 09 was easy-peasy.

My 09 Journey is now fully upgraded and loads of value added. Ended up saving more than i ever imagine, may have cost me more if i had to rely on the forum? Pub here i come!!!

adieu.
So happy you were able to figure something out for yourself without having to be spoon fed. Bye Felicia.