Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2013 Journey SXT power door locks issue

Old 03-28-2017, 05:40 PM
John Stevens
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Journey SXT power door locks issue

Hi everyone, I've been having an issue with my power door locks on my 2013 journey for a few months now. The issue has now started to get worse as of late.

The power locks for all passenger doors and trunk are intermittent with their locking and unlocking. No matter if I use my key fob or the door lock buttons inside and outside on the handles.

Im assuming that it is something electrical as all 3 passenger doors and the trunk are having the same issue at the same time. Luckily the driver door has zero issues and locks/unlocks without and problems.

The doors still lock and unlock, however sometimes it takes me hitting the lock unlock buttons on my driver or passenger side door panels many times before the doors lock. When I either lock the doors with my key fob or the exterior handle button or the interior one only my driver side door locks.

I took it to my local shop and they said it was my battery not giving enough power. I replaced the battery with a new one and it is still happening.

I can hear the actuators getting the signal on all the doors, but the locks are not physically moving. Since it is highly unlikely that all 3 passenger door actuators and my trunk actuator have gone bad all at once, I assume there may be a master relay causing the issue?

Any thoughts? I would like to resolve this myself if at all possible.

Please advise and let me know if more
info is needed.

Thanks!

Old 03-30-2017, 04:25 PM
John Stevens
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know of a place to find a wiring diagram/schematic of the door lock system?

Search this Thread