Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

It's official. The Magnum is discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 05:07 PM
joeyjrfl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It's official. The Magnum is discontinued

ORIGINAL: Scimitar

Well, the PT Cruiser convertible should never have been built, anyway---ugly, overpriced, and a niche-market vehicle at best. DC refused to build the PT Panel, which would have had a much better market than that stupid convertible. The PT itself still has good potential with some updating, but NOT as another version of that abomination known as the Caliber. If Chrysler wants to get rid of some non-viable vehicles, they should start with the Durango and the Aspen. Making hybrids out of them to try to keep them out of gas-guzzler range is just dumb. Jeep needs to kill both of those Caliber clones rebadged as Jeeps, as well as that absolutely idiotic Commander. There's no need for the Dodge Dakota, either. The Challenger will sell like hotcakes for about 6 months, and after that they won't be able to give them away. When gas hits 4 or 5 bucks a gallon, they won't be able to give Hemi's away. I'd been leery of buying any Chrysler product I wasn't going to trade in a couple of years---with the bean counters running the show, Chrysler won't be around in 5 years.
From the sounds of your posts you should be driving Fords or something Trust me Chrysler will be around long after your gone whoo whoo

Old 03-29-2008, 02:25 AM
FOURTEEN
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It's official. The Magnum is discontinued

Don't care!!My red 2005 RT with chrome 22s is still getting at least one person a week to compliment me for having such a nice car!! Really! I have been driving sharp cars for 50 years, but this Magnum has gotten more positive responses than all the rest of them put together! WalMart, gas stations, stoplights, even cruising down I40 at 70 mph, I get thumbs up, questions, or just admiration!!

Last Summer I went to a local car show. People stopped to check out my Magnum about as often as they checked out the classic cars and hot rods around it! They often referred to the Magnum as a "new classic" or a"future classic"!

So, with few Magnums on the road, and the Magnum discontinued, the praise should continue. I really don't know what I could buy that would give me more WOWs for the buck!!

Meanwhile, I am getting 25 mpg on I40 at 65 mph, can easily tow my 3000# trailer, and enjoy more room, comfort, and performance than just about anything else on the road!! And it's not just another sedan, SUV, Mustang, Vette, crossover, or pickup!

PS: On the website for the new Porsche Cayenne GTS it says: "The Bloodlines Are Unmistakable" ! They are right! The GTS looks very much like a poor Magnum copy!!
It seems that the trend is from SUVs to crossovers and eventually to wagons! I think Dodge pulled the plug way too early!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/11068/6A7FDB1570B44DBA843FDDAA828DC0A1.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: It's official. The Magnum is discontinued