Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Just purchased a 2007 dodge magnum sxt...

Old 09-09-2008, 01:13 PM
patm215
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased a 2007 dodge magnum sxt...

I just bought a new sxt and I love it. My MIL light has been solid lite though. I took it to autozone because they do the free engine diagnostic and they gave me the code p1004. Does anyone know what this code means? They couldnt find anything in their system or their code book. Please help...

Old 09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
65standard
All Star

i had this P1004 code on my 2006 sxt magnum too.

it was a short runner valve performance. the dealer replaced the intake manifold plenum. some other i know that have had this code just cleared it and it never came back. try clearing the code by pulling fuse #11 (located in the engine bay) for at least 15 seconds and see if it comes back.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:42 AM
MaddSXT

My car (which is also a 2007 SXT) just threw the same code. Ive read on a Charger specific forum that it may be accompanied by loud ticking much like the sound of lifters under acceleration. My code reader said it was a one-time self-corrected issue so I cleared it. We'll see if it comes back. Anyone know how much a repair cost this is? Especially if not covered under warranty (My car is 40,000 mi)

Old 01-04-2009, 12:50 PM
65standard
All Star

my dealer said it was a $900 repair. i see the intake manifold online for less than $100 new. they said they replaced the upper plenum. that looks easy enough.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Kindschi
Veteran

Another easy way to clear any check engine light is to disconnect the battery for a min then re-connect.

*dont own a Magnum, bored and forum hoping*

Old 01-06-2009, 02:26 PM
MaddSXT

The code has not returned thus far--a $900 repair is not appealing. The intake plenums are about $400! Since its the upper most part of the engine one would hope its an easy DIY job.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:59 AM
aut0thority tt
Default Re: P1004 code for Dodge

Concerning the P1004 code... I own a 2007 Dodge Charger 3.5L. At my shop, after checking the light, Mitchell has a TSB out for that particular code. It is requiring to replace the intake plenum AND the actuator. Whether it is one or both, I am not sure at this time. Wasn't able to print out the TSB and our printers are down... computer problems. I also noticed that on my last tank of gas, my gas mileage dropped TREMENDOUSLY. I usually average 100 mi/quarter tank of gas, and on my last quarter, i usually get 50 to 75 miles before I have to fill up. Well, I got about about 225-250 miles on my last tank of gas before I had to fill up again. My driveability technician and I both figured to try a fuel system service to see exactly what that would do. The only reason for that is after removing the actuator, we could see alot of "oil" on the intake runners; similar to the oil that you would use for K&N filters, but quite dirtier. Needless to say, we did the fuel system service with a 3-part treatment from the Wynn's fuel service company, added Lucas fuel treatment (the quarts. 32 oz bottle. 3 oz per 10 gallons of gas, quite potent!) I have roughly a 40 mile round trip every day to and from work, and my fuel economy is right back where it was previous all these problems, about 100 miles on the trip with 3/4 of a tank of gas left. If this should happen to help anyone, please let me know. Both myself and my driveability technician are VERY curious as to see what these motors are capable of.

Thanks!

Old 11-28-2009, 12:26 PM
mballard34

Originally Posted by aut0thority tt
Concerning the P1004 code... I own a 2007 Dodge Charger 3.5L. At my shop, after checking the light, Mitchell has a TSB out for that particular code. It is requiring to replace the intake plenum AND the actuator. Whether it is one or both, I am not sure at this time. Wasn't able to print out the TSB and our printers are down... computer problems. I also noticed that on my last tank of gas, my gas mileage dropped TREMENDOUSLY. I usually average 100 mi/quarter tank of gas, and on my last quarter, i usually get 50 to 75 miles before I have to fill up. Well, I got about about 225-250 miles on my last tank of gas before I had to fill up again. My driveability technician and I both figured to try a fuel system service to see exactly what that would do. The only reason for that is after removing the actuator, we could see alot of "oil" on the intake runners; similar to the oil that you would use for K&N filters, but quite dirtier. Needless to say, we did the fuel system service with a 3-part treatment from the Wynn's fuel service company, added Lucas fuel treatment (the quarts. 32 oz bottle. 3 oz per 10 gallons of gas, quite potent!) I have roughly a 40 mile round trip every day to and from work, and my fuel economy is right back where it was previous all these problems, about 100 miles on the trip with 3/4 of a tank of gas left. If this should happen to help anyone, please let me know. Both myself and my driveability technician are VERY curious as to see what these motors are capable of.

Thanks!
Well i am a bit late on this post but just got a used Stx 07 to and same problem same code but the car run's good and fuel economy is good to,
i just dump a bottle of lucas system cleaner in to 25 liters i have pull the fuse but after fews mile the engine light still coming back; so if i understand the problem the car engine is full of fuel and oil deposit, so pouring some fuel system cleaner should fix sooner or later ??

Mike

Old 12-01-2009, 12:55 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

There are two TSB's, one to flash update the PCM and the other was to replace the short runner valve assy,it comes with the actuator.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:16 PM
v'thomas
Angry

Originally Posted by MaddSXT
The code has not returned thus far--a $900 repair is not appealing. The intake plenums are about $400! Since its the upper most part of the engine one would hope its an easy DIY job.
I agree dealer said 900 dollars and warranty dont cover. is it easy 2 do self

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just purchased a 2007 dodge magnum sxt...