Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

are dodge magnums reliable?!

Old 10-16-2008, 01:56 AM
fadihasso
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are dodge magnums reliable?!

im a student and plan to buy a 2006, 2.7L with 47000 miles

I need a good reliable car, that will last 6 years

i heard that the have tranny issues! it that the case?

Old 10-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll have better luck with this here in the Magnum section.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:19 AM
65standard
All Star

is a Mercedes reliable? a dodge magnum is basically a Mercedes E500 with a dodge engine. mostly German engineering and parts.

i haven't heard of anyone having trans problems other than the 5-speed auto sticks having seepage around the plug connector. these were easily fixed with a new o-ring under warranty. however, your trans is a regular 4-speed auto. no issues with that trans.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Wile C
Professional
Default No Dodge product is reliable

You'll never see them listed in consumer reports or being anything but in the 50's as the best vehicles to buy.

I have a 98 Ram that had countless problems and I got Chrylser to fix problems well beyond the 3 year warranty by reminding them in front of potential customers that they build crap. The truck was built in Mexico...course we all know mexican products are on the top of the quality list.

My 05 Magnum had the tranny o-ring problem, 3 times in the shop for airbag problems, cheap plastic trim replaced due to fading. It rattles like it was built in the back yard out of pieces parts, rubber trim has come off abd it has less than 20k on it.

Chrysler has never and will never be able to build a quality product. Hense their financial problems.

It's a dodge. If you want quality buy Toyota.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:38 PM
65standard
All Star

you make no sense. if dodge is such a piece of junk and you had nothing but problems with them, then you go and buy another dodge. real smart.

what is the difference between cheap plastic and quality plastic?

Old 10-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Wile C
Professional
Default reliability

because i thought this one was different believing that it had more german engineering. ironically, my 73 charger still runs great.

i just get ticked when i think about how much these things costs and the problems right off of the production line.

not sure if you are aware of the plenum (sp?) gasket issue that mopar put out on the 318 and 360's, and the 47re transmission reliability problems.

they make the best looking vehicles, to me any way, I just wish the quality was up to par and there is no reason that it shouldn't. i'd think they'd have learned watching toyota blow by them and lose sales.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Carolina Magnum
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an SRT and no problems but I bought my wife and SXT with the 3.5L and lots of problems... Had new transmission installed at 17,300 miles; not in warranty due to date of sale. Now it will not start.. just turns over.. dealer wants to install both front and rear fuse boxes and intire wire harness at approx. $2200! However in all fairness we did by it used the day it came out of the trans shop and Not a single problem until this week and we had put 2000 miles on it, then.... lightning bolt came on and found only a broken ground wire from engine to stud by the radiator resevoir, reattached and stiil only starts once in awhile... Won't go into detail but have tried everything EXCEPT all the stuff the dealer wants to change!!! It now has 19,300 miles and we cannot drive it! Dissapointed, for sure! Loved it when it ran!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: are dodge magnums reliable?!