Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Question on Factory Installed Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:58 AM
janggu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Question on Factory Installed Remote Starter

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a Magnum SXT AWD a week ago and am considering to install a remote starter for my baby. I talked a service guy at the dealership and was advised that it would cost between CAD $450 to $500 (Mopar brand). It seems very expensive to me for a basic remote starter.

I have been researching and there are some nice high end ones available (e.g. 2 way, LCD, longer range…etc.). The only my concern is if those high end ones may compromise the security system and factory warranty on my car. The service guy from the dealership told me that only factory installed one will be covered by warranty if something goes wrong.

Does anyone have Mopar remote starter installed? I would much appreciate any inputs on this?

Thank you!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:07 AM
65standard
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's too late for a "factory" installed one, but you can get a dealer installed Mopar one. the best part about "dealer installed options" is they are fully warrantied through chrysler. the aftermarket one could void out your electrical system warranty if anything should go wrong.

pay the extra money and get the system designed for you car and fully warrantied at the dealer. you won't regret it.

Quick Reply: Question on Factory Installed Remote Starter