Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

One Lap of America - Team Catalyst Magnum

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 04:19 PM
cmdycrzr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Lap of America - Team Catalyst Magnum

Yep, was at Lancaster Motorsports Park outside Buffalo, NY and met Team Catalyst who are running a Magnum RT in the One Lap of America...crazy folks (http://www.catalystracingteam.com/).

I didn't get to see them run their two laps but I managed to see a 300C SRT8 - what a beautiful vehicle and they were very smooth on the track. Here's an image of the Team Catalyst Magnum and the SRT8 on the track....

[IMG]local://upfiles/9449/0C233C13EE904E1EB53806FB9A661343.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9449/5EA37B2586E642EB93A937F80BBEE2C6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Rockadile
Rookie
Default RE: One Lap of America - Team Catalyst Magnum

Looks like they're getting their butts kicked.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:09 AM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Rock A Dile,
How can you tell?

Old 05-06-2005, 08:13 AM
cmdycrzr
Rookie

Probably went the Team Catalyst site or the One Lap site that, I think, post results.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Rockadile
Rookie

Yep. No surprise though considering at one point they went a ways of the course for a good dinner.

Old 05-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Hoefi

The 300C-SRT8 is currently in 6th place while the Magnum is down in the 71st spot. The event is NOT a road rally (going off course for dinner between race tracks would not have costed them) and scoring is done strictly with on track performance lap time. To do well, you need a fast car and the driver has to know the track well. Most of the top finishers are open track junkies (I know the fellows in the 3rd place car) with years of prior experience for some of the race tracks included in this year's event. The current top spots are held by cars like Corvette, Vipers and Porsche Twin Turbo (with a Dodge Ram truck thrown it!!!). For more info, http://www.onelapofamerica.com/ .

Having tracked my own Magnum earlier this year, as well as many other cars including Porsche Twin Turbo, Corvettes over the years, and a Viper-SRT10 just last weekend, I have to say that the Magnum is not in the same league as those cars by a wide margin. However, the Magnum is surprisingly fast compare to a lot of the smaller sports cars and sports sedans if it's well driven. In my opinion, the Magnum should have finished higher on the result list if the drivers are more capable (they are currently behind cars like Neon, Miata, Cavalier and even a Lincoln LS and a Chevy Blazer).

They will run the last track today (Saturday). We have a saying in motorsport competition, "...there are two groups, one group is there for the trophies and the other group is there for the beers....". I think the two guys in the Magnum are there for the beers.

Joe

Quick Reply: One Lap of America - Team Catalyst Magnum