Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

New here with 08 Magnum R/T Titanium

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 08:11 PM
W30post
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here with 08 Magnum R/T Titanium

I have read through some searches and found some interesting stuff on the magnum issues. I have some new ones to list that other may be having and not know it.

From new 18 miles on the odometer at pick-up here is a list of stuff that I have issues with, it is at 23000 now:
1)Wobble at 35 if one set of tires are on rear, can't wait for these to wear out, only about 5K left.
2) Rattle from lower column cover, interference fit with mounting flange of key switch I believe, nothing done yet. I just lay my finger on it when it happens
3) Tail lights loose from factory and rattle against body, I removed, touched up paint scurfs and reinstalled tighter. Found this while checking for interior squeak
4) Spare tire well filled up with water, dealer found seam not covered and rectified. Had to remove battery to get a loose screw out that assembly line left rolling around, nut on clamp was rusted and broke off. Fun day that was.
5) BIG one for me, rattle/squeek in rear cargo area, not temp or road surface dependant. Tried lowering rear seat backs with no change. Has done it for dealer but when tech returned to get a driver noise went away.
6) MDS system causes the cylinder bypass to get clogged up a bit. Run car hard after couple thousand miles of city driving and a large cloud of soot comes out at 4500RPM with a little cut-out going on. Revs fine after that for a while. Dealer update to PCM didn't change this.
7) Concerned about transmission. Start car, back up and stop, put in drive and it takes a couple seconds to take drive. If you step on the gas during this period a horrible shudder happens until it takes gear (think backing out of a driveway and realizing traffic is almost on you), dealer says it passed drivability testing.
8) Intake manifold had an oil leak, void in casting, Dealer replaced.
9) Last thing is the variable displacement system kicks in under 30 MPH and causes a stumbling feelign and horrible drone in interior. PCM update did nothing for this, work around it move shifter to 4th.
10) Driver's seat belt locked up and would not let my wife out of the car a couple times, dealer said no issue found but replaced unit anyway.
11) Rear rotos began to squeal horribly at around 17K miles. Press harder and the noise went away, I had rotors turned and this went away. This one is not Dodge's fault. Wife is too easy on the pedal and thisover heats the rotor surface.
I think this is a lot to put up with on a $30K. I can get over most of it but that interior squeak is killing the experience I have with this car. I cannot stand it. I worry about the shifting to drive but I figure the lifetime powertrain warranty will come in handy for that one.

So anyone got a suggestion o the rear interior squeak?

Quick Reply: New here with 08 Magnum R/T Titanium