Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

2005 Magnum R/T Full tank of gas & goes dead while driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 06:41 PM
DymosDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks melannben, after reading your post and going thru a couple of hurdles I was able to get my fuel tank replaced under warranty! X53 Lifetime Repair/Replacement

Old 03-24-2015, 02:16 PM
ronpbeck

Glad you could get it done. I am on a waiting list at 2 dealerships awaiting a tank. Will be almost a year. How long did the replacement take and did you end up paying for anything like a fuel filter etc? (By the way, San Francisco bay area)

Old 06-16-2015, 01:32 PM
06MagnumHemiRT
Default Dodge Recalled my 06 Magnum - Faulty gas tank

Apparently there is a problem with a sensor that is part of the gas tank. Chrysler replaced my gas tank free. No problems since.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:39 PM
06MagnumHemiRT

Originally Posted by ronpbeck
Glad you could get it done. I am on a waiting list at 2 dealerships awaiting a tank. Will be almost a year. How long did the replacement take and did you end up paying for anything like a fuel filter etc? (By the way, San Francisco bay area)
Waited a couple months after I called Chrysler to verify that tank was backordered. Only took them a couple hours to do the replacement. Probably because they had replaced 15 before mine. No charge for the replacement.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:54 PM
05 Magnum RT owner
Exclamation 05 Dodge Magnum RT Engine cut off issues

When I crank up my Magnum Rt and shift in to drive if I don't let it roll forward before I press on the car pedal, it "shudders" like its going to cut off. If I continue to push on the gas pedal more it loses power and shuts down. Sometimes the car just shudders and cuts off while in traffic or while driving in higher speeds ( very dangerous situation.) I had the car serviced by the dealership two years ago for the same problem and after almost $5000 worth of repairs (related issues according to them) the said the power steering cassette was low on fluids and this was the main culprit. However the problem just started again this week. The codes its giving is ESP BAS however a local mechanic seems to believe its the throttle body. This afternoon my car did the same (cut off while pulling out of my parking space at work) but didn't want to start. Could the Throttle body cause this or does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? BTW my gas tank was not full with gas during any of these instances. Please help! Thanks.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:54 AM
suzyqtara2

i just purchased my 2005 dodge magnum rt jan 2 2015, and noticed after filling it up it started acting odd can you please check my vin 2D4GV58275H653028 for the warranty on this issue

Old 01-25-2016, 10:27 PM
DymosDodge

suzyqtara2 unfortunately it did not show you had the X53 Recall (Gas Tank Replacement) but I would still have a dealership run the VIN because mine was not in the system at the time also. Based on your description it sure sounds like this may be the problem. I would also contact DODGECARES through this forum as I did. It's going to be a bit of an uphill battle but hang in there, call customer service, write letters to Dodge, make calls etc....(the squeaky wheels gets the oil)....

VIN: 2D4GV58275H653028

Year: 2005

Vehicle: DODGE MAGNUM R/T FOUR DOOR WAGON

Questions

Please contact the Chrysler Group Recall Assistance Center at 1-800-853-1403
Results Last Updated: January 25, 2016
Do you Qualify for Recall Reimbursement?
If you've had a recall on your vehicle and have incurred recall-related costs you'll need to start the reimbursement request process (all on a case-by-case basis).
Safety Recalls (What is a Safety Recall? Learn More)
Status Chrysler Recall # NHTSA Recall # Recall Date Safety Defect/Non Compliance Description and Safety Risk Repair Description Recall Status Reimbursement
statusImage R25 15V-313 May 26, 2015 THE DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR HOUSING MAY RUPTURE, DUE TO EXCESSIVE INTERNAL PRESSURE, DURING NORMAL AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT EVENTS. THIS CONDITION IS MORE LIKELY TO OCCUR IF THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN EXPOSED TO HIGH LEVELS OF ABSOLUTE HUMIDITY FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME. AN INFLATOR RUPTURE, DURING AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT EVENTS, COULD RESULT IN METAL FRAGMENTS STRIKING AND POTENTIALLY SERIOUSLY INJURING THE VEHICLE OCCUPANT(S). THE DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR MUST BE REPLACED. REPAIRED
Submit Reimbursement
Viewing 1 of 1 total recalls
Campaigns (What is a Campaign? Learn More)
There are no outstanding campaigns for the above listed VIN

Old 01-26-2016, 11:24 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

What exactly is happening after you fill up the gas tank, suzyqtara2?

Old 01-29-2016, 09:24 AM
suzyqtara2

I would say very jumpy - it's hard to explain because I just bought the magnum Jan 2 2016 and noticed it on the drive home 235 miles one way - I randomly feel it splurging like its wanting to die every time I fill up - I'm sorry I do not know the correct explanation of mechanical conversation

Quick Reply: 2005 Magnum R/T Full tank of gas & goes dead while driving