Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Won't Shift Out of Park

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RedMaggie
Chris,

thank you the info, but what is going on with this recall. The individual from customer service told me that my vehicle wasn't covered under thus recall. How can that be with the massive amount of failures (including mine) of this part and they decide mine isn't covered? How can that be??

Below is a copy of the recall. If your vehicle is not covered under the terms of the recall then the Customer Assistance Center will indicate your vehicle is not listed. Even if your vehicle is not covered under the recall you can still asked that it be covered, but they review it on a case by case basis as stated above. If you have the repair done and have to pay out of pocket, you should keep your receipts and if more vehicles are added to the recall later you can get reimbursed by sending your receipts to Chrysler.

Customer Satisfaction Notification K39
Transmission Shifter Interlock Lever

2007 (LX) Dodge Charger, Magnum and Chrysler 300
NOTE: This notification applies only to the above vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission and a floor console transmission shift lever built from June 25, 2007 through September 21, 2007 (MDH062500 through 092113).
2005 - 2007 (LX) Dodge Charger, Magnum and Chrysler 300
NOTE: This notification applies only to the above vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission, a floor console transmission shift lever and had a Mopar Service replacement shift lever installed through June 24, 2007 (MDH 062423).
The transmission gear shift lever interlock return spring hook on about 28,800 of the above vehicles may break. A broken interlock return spring hook will result in the inability to move the gear shift lever out of the “PARK” position.
A new interlock lever must be installed into the transmission gear shifter.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:09 PM
PhilMagnum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dammit

Unfortunately, this recall does not include all Magnums because my 2007 STX became stuck in park this evening. I just got off the phone with Customer Care and they confirmed that my car isn't included.

"Thank you for calling Customer Care and have a great weekend."

"I wish I could but I'm stuck at home because a car your company built is stuck in park and now I'm stuck at home."

They hung up about halfway into my reply. :/

Quick Reply: Won't Shift Out of Park