Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

starting problem...all suggestions welcomed

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Bukifan05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting problem...all suggestions welcomed

I have a 2005 Magnum with a 2.7 liter engine. It started and then died immediately 3 times in a row, then it refused to start. I had the battery tested, I had the alternator tested, I have had the starter tested. With the starter out, reconnected the battery, tested the wires running to the solenoid, no juice flowing. If I turn the key, the dash does light up, leading me to believe that the ignition is ok.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Ramshackle

Something is not adding up with what you described. You said it started then died. Then you said you were getting no juice to the solenoid. If the solenoid is not getting power then the vehicle could never have started to begin with. When you say it "refused to start" was it cranking at all?

Old 03-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Bukifan05

it's not cranking at all now. the dash will light up, but when you try to start it, it does nothing.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Bukifan05

towed it in to the dealer. apparently at some point the security system that reads the microchip in the key went out, and lucky me, they're saying I need to replace the ecm computer module too.........

Old 03-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Millgirl

Almost sounds like my 2006 R/T... will start to crank over, then nothing. Dash & interior lights work, we just replaced the battery, problem continues. Had it towed to the dealer, just for grins, tried it again, started right up like never a problem! They did a once over, found corroded wires, replaced them. Just did the same thing again this AM... begins to turnover, then nothing.... just interior lights, then won't even try to start. Called the dealer back.... 30 mins later, the dang thing started up no prob.... Confusing as hell! Any luck with getting the computer module replaced???

Old 09-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Green Magnum
Default Magnum starting problem

I am still having the same have any other starting problem, even after changing the ECM. Anyone have any other ideas?

Quick Reply: starting problem...all suggestions welcomed