Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

UConnect Bluetooth Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:08 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cna you get a good picture of the module so I can see what version it is? Thanks

Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 AM
gatzby143
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you ago. I hope this helps. Thanks again.

Attached Thumbnails UConnect Bluetooth Problem-img_20110824_091618.jpg  
Old 08-24-2011, 03:27 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Well, that's not good. That module is an old JCI piece and I'm not totally sure but I will find out if a newer module by the new vendor will work or not. You may have to check online or at a bone yard for a replacement.

Originally Posted by gatzby143
Here you ago. I hope this helps. Thanks again.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:56 PM
gatzby143

Do you know what other cars and year use the same UConnect module? Can I get one out of a Grand Cherokee or 300 or does it have to be from an 2006 Magnum?

Old 08-26-2011, 01:27 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It really depends on the radio. I believe the Base model radio has different U-connect module from the touch screen radio. But one from a 300 or Charger should work.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:40 AM
gatzby143

Another weird thing happened. Just for the heck of it I tried for the umpteenth time to pair one of my phones and this time I got an error saying that I have the maximum phones paired. I then went into the options to list phones phone paired and it tells me I have none. This thing is all messed up.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:40 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Can you try something please? Delete all the phones from Uconnect and also Uconnect from all the phones. From Uconnect, press the Uconnect button and say, setup, phone pairing, delete phone. There should be a prompt that ask for which phone, say all.
On the phones go into the settings menu and delete all Uconnect pairings.
Now start of fresh to try to pair a phone. Any luck?

Another weird thing happened. Just for the heck of it I tried for the umpteenth time to pair one of my phones and this time I got an error saying that I have the maximum phones paired. I then went into the options to list phones phone paired and it tells me I have none. This thing is all messed up.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:33 PM
gatzby143

No luck. The Uconnect has been deleted from the phones. When I go to delete the phones from the car its says there are none paired but when I try to pair a new one it says its full.
Just for the heck of it I pulled the Uconnect module out of my 300 and put it in the Dodge and it worked fine. So that darn little module is the problem. Is it worth even having the dealer take a look at it? Can they do some sort or reflash/reset to it? Or should I just try to find a replacement module?
Thanks again for all your help.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:09 PM
xsdbs
Captain

The reason Uconnect is saying "full" is because all 7 priority points have a phone still attached (but not completely paired up). This is why you want to press the Uconnect button on the radio and say "set up, phone pairing, delete phones". Uc will now ask you what phone to delete. I would like you to have a clean slate to start from, so say "all". Uconnect will respond in a moment that the list has been deleted.
Now try a clean pairing of one phone and see how it goes. There is no flashing to clear the memory. This is the best first step that you can try before dishing out hard earned cash.

No luck. The Uconnect has been deleted from the phones. When I go to delete the phones from the car its says there are none paired but when I try to pair a new one it says its full.
Just for the heck of it I pulled the Uconnect module out of my 300 and put it in the Dodge and it worked fine. So that darn little module is the problem. Is it worth even having the dealer take a look at it? Can they do some sort or reflash/reset to it? Or should I just try to find a replacement module?
Thanks again for all your help.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:41 AM
gatzby143

Sorry for the delay, I just got back from a business trip.
I went to Setup, phone pairing, delete phones, and it says there are no phones to delete, so I don't ever get that next option of all.

Quick Reply: UConnect Bluetooth Problem