Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

check your liftgate gasket! on the roof side.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 02:30 AM
snailtek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check your liftgate gasket! on the roof side.

straight line on the red... the middle portion of the liftgate gasket is hanging instead of straight or whatever u call it. In the red circle, i think is kinda plug use to put the gasket in place.. where can we get this? i havn't tried to have the dealer check on it..

in another note... i bought this magnum pre-owned.. does the warranty of the previous owner can be transferred to me automatically? or do i have to check on the dodge dealer with that? do i need to pay for the transfer of warranty?

any thoughts?

thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/20548/5E2FE7DBC6DC4FB580B0BE180CF7CEBF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-04-2005, 06:02 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Default RE: check your liftgate gasket! on the roof side.

This is on going problem. The cheap a** nuts they use don't work for crap. What I just did was use the 3M body moulding tape. Them put the original nuts back on.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:41 AM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Guys,

Does this problem cause the Foam to stick up from the top of the Gate? I have a 1/4" strip of Foam growing like a weed on the Passenger side of the Lift Gate. Same issue, or are you addressing just the loose screw? Pisses me off, but I haven't had time to take it to the Dealer for a full day yet...

Old 09-12-2005, 04:23 AM
qzking
Professional

ORIGINAL: 2005 Magnum R/T Hemi

Guys,

Does this problem cause the Foam to stick up from the top of the Gate? I have a 1/4" strip of Foam growing like a weed on the Passenger side of the Lift Gate. Same issue, or are you addressing just the loose screw? Pisses me off, but I haven't had time to take it to the Dealer for a full day yet...
JTF,
Same deal on my SRT8. Had a paint chip re-painted on the rear roof panel and then noticed some "plastic" sticking up from the seam and assumed it was what they used to protect the panel forward of it from over-spray. Pulled on it and some of the foam gasket came out with it.

Is this the same thing you guys are talking about?
KK

Old 09-12-2005, 01:57 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

QZ King,
Yup, that's it. It went out and took a Picture for you guys, but won't be able to post it until tonight... However, I was not brave enough to pull or cut off the Foam... I'll let the dealer F*** it up, so I have some else to blame... Probably couldn't sleep at night if I screwed it up all on my own.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:11 AM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

QZ King,
Here is the Picture I took this morning. Is this the same issue?

[IMG]local://upfiles/10346/647C738FA22945ABBEACB356B5A44AAE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-13-2005, 02:27 AM
qzking
Professional

ORIGINAL: 2005 Magnum R/T Hemi

QZ King,
Here is the Picture I took this morning. Is this the same issue?

[IMG]local://upfiles/10346/647C738FA22945ABBEACB356B5A44AAE.jpg[/IMG]
Fuse,
That is exactly what it looked like and it's in exactly the same place!
KK

Old 09-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Charlie

HAD SAME PROBLEM..WENT TO DEALER AND THEY REPLACED WHOLE 3RD LIGHT WING..NO QUESTIONS ASKED..DEALER I BOUGHT FROM SO FAR HAS BEEN VERY GOOD TO ME...THEY REPLACED REAR DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW MOTOR WHEN I TOLD THEM IT DIDN'T WORK ONE DAY EVEN THOUGH A FEW DAYS LATER IT WAS WORKING AGAIN..THEN REPAIRED MY FRONT DRIVERS SEAT..HAD LITTLE NICK IN THE LEATHER...REPLACED DRIVERS DOOR HANDLE WHICH HAD A SLIGHT CRACK..IF YOU EVER PUT IN A REMOTE STARTER MAKE SURE THE UNDER HOOD SWITCH IS PLACED FOWARD ENOUGH SO BALL IN SWITCH MAKES CONTACT..hAD A FEW BUGS IN BEGINNING BUT WORKS FINE...PUT THE DODGE ONE IN AFTER HAVING PROBLEMS WITH AN AFTERMARKET ONE IN MY CHEVY TRUCK..I CUT UNDER HOOD SWITCH OFF AFTER AWHILE BECAUSE IF YOU PARKED ON A SLIGHT INCLINE SOMETIMES IT WOULDN'T START..WORKS FINE NOW AND I LIKE THE IDEA THAT IT CAME WITH THE WARRANTY

Old 09-14-2005, 12:18 AM
qzking
Professional

Charlie,
Sounds like you have a good dealer!
KK

PS: Push the caps lock key!

ORIGINAL: Charlie

HAD SAME PROBLEM..WENT TO DEALER AND THEY REPLACED WHOLE 3RD LIGHT WING..NO QUESTIONS ASKED..DEALER I BOUGHT FROM SO FAR HAS BEEN VERY GOOD TO ME...THEY REPLACED REAR DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW MOTOR WHEN I TOLD THEM IT DIDN'T WORK ONE DAY EVEN THOUGH A FEW DAYS LATER IT WAS WORKING AGAIN..THEN REPAIRED MY FRONT DRIVERS SEAT..HAD LITTLE NICK IN THE LEATHER...REPLACED DRIVERS DOOR HANDLE WHICH HAD A SLIGHT CRACK..IF YOU EVER PUT IN A REMOTE STARTER MAKE SURE THE UNDER HOOD SWITCH IS PLACED FOWARD ENOUGH SO BALL IN SWITCH MAKES CONTACT..hAD A FEW BUGS IN BEGINNING BUT WORKS FINE...PUT THE DODGE ONE IN AFTER HAVING PROBLEMS WITH AN AFTERMARKET ONE IN MY CHEVY TRUCK..I CUT UNDER HOOD SWITCH OFF AFTER AWHILE BECAUSE IF YOU PARKED ON A SLIGHT INCLINE SOMETIMES IT WOULDN'T START..WORKS FINE NOW AND I LIKE THE IDEA THAT IT CAME WITH THE WARRANTY

Old 09-15-2005, 08:40 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

i have the same exact foam thing coming out in the same place. how weird.
gonna get it fixed at the dealership asap.
i thought it was my subwoofers rattling the rear hatch which may have caused it.

Quick Reply: check your liftgate gasket! on the roof side.