Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

06 Magnum Clicking Noise with A/C On

Old 09-24-2013, 01:44 PM
jsteenson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Magnum Clicking Noise with A/C On

I have had a clicking noise for some time when the A/C turned on. It felt like it was coming from low on the dash under the steering column. It would stop after a while, but start when I change the temp. Some times I would get heat for a while then the cold air would start in.

Today I find I have cold air and can't get the heat on. A friend told me the clicking was most likely a plastic gear turning which made the clicking noise. I also now have no more clicking just cold air. Is the door stuck in one direction or is it something else?

Old 06-24-2014, 07:05 PM
Thehilds

Did you ever find the issue causing the problem? I too am having this issue.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:46 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Thehilds
Did you ever find the issue causing the problem? I too am having this issue.
Thehilds,

Is the issue intermittent, or does it occur all the time. Have you been able to determine any tendencies of when it happens? Is it heard while you're driving or at idle?

Old 06-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Thehilds

It comes on only when I try to adjust the temp control. It started intermittent and now is constant as soon as the temp is changed and will not stop until the ignition is turned off.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:42 PM
jsteenson

It turned out to be a blend door actuator which I was able to buy

Old 06-25-2014, 08:50 PM
jsteenson

It turned out to be a blend door actuator which I bought at the dealer for about $40. Easy fix once I figured out what was wrong. There are several actuators on the left of the dash, one controls the flow of air between the various vents defrost, floor, panel, etc and the other controls the exchange between heat and cold. Once you figure out which one is broken, get on your knees and remove the metal kick panel under the steering wheel. Then get a flashlight and look past the gas petal under the dash and you will see one. The first on my 2006 magnum control air flow. I had to remove it to get at the other one right behind it. Only took 45 minutes at a total cost of $40. The dealer wanted $500 and a local garage $350.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:59 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

It comes on only when I try to adjust the temp control. It started intermittent and now is constant as soon as the temp is changed and will not stop until the ignition is turned off.
Thehilds,

Intermittent issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose. In this case, with a noise that can now be produced on command, your dealer will be able to pinpoint the root cause efficiently and let you know whats necessary to correct it.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Thehilds

OK i got the actuator replaced and the clicking noise it gone but I am still having an issue. The Max "ReCirculate" A/C is not working only fresh air comes in. I can tell because when I am behind a gross polluter or smoker it comes right inside the cab. ANy suggestions on what I should be looking for? I looked behind the glove box but do not know what actually controls this function.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:24 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

OK i got the actuator replaced and the clicking noise it gone but I am still having an issue. The Max "ReCirculate" A/C is not working only fresh air comes in. I can tell because when I am behind a gross polluter or smoker it comes right inside the cab. ANy suggestions on what I should be looking for? I looked behind the glove box but do not know what actually controls this function.
Thehilds,

The recirculation mode is designed for temporary use and your system will keep it running for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, the system will return to the normal function.

When you notice the smells entering the cabin, had the recirculation mode been on for an extended period of time?

In some cases, if the recirculation door can be obstructed or possible wiring concern exists.

Did you notify your servicing facility?

Old 07-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Thehilds

I have not taken it in yet, just figured since I replaced the actuator maybe it would be something similar only on the passenger side. Do you know where I can get schematics or a repair manual for this car?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 Magnum Clicking Noise with A/C On