Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Any way to disable ABS, BAS, ESP, Etc.?

Old 02-05-2014, 11:05 AM
flypa38
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any way to disable ABS, BAS, ESP, Etc.?

Dang....'06 SXT AWD........ I had a code 1418 and bad tie rod ends and sway bar bushings. Repairs did not go well. First time I had the wheels off this thing and had to cut the lug nut covers off to turn the way over-torqued lug nuts. Then I tried to change sway bar bushings and found out my AWD bushings are WAY different than Moog's. Finally went for the tie rod ends and had to cut the outers apart to get them out and fought with the inners for hours to get them out!

Good news.......the clunk is gone!

Bad news.......the rear right tone ring isn't there. Now it seems like brakes are dragging and the transmission doesn't want to shift. Still only 1418 for the code, but now the brake light is on along with the ESP, BAS, ABS, and squiggly car.

So, can I pull fuses to disable the ABS, BAS, ESP, and all that to be able to drive it to a friend's house to change out the rear right axle?

Is there anything else you guys can suggest in order to not have to tow the car over to my friend's lift?

Thanks!
Johnny

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any way to disable ABS, BAS, ESP, Etc.?