Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Electric issues due to water in the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Maharrington
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Electric issues due to water in the trunk

First post here and it's great to have place for help. Ok long story short . I have a dodge magnum R/T 2007 and I starting having issues with the rigs electric system . IE walked to my car and radio was blasting with no key in the car and when I started the car it would die after a few seconds and when it did run if I turned it off and pulled the key out it sometimes ran for a few seconds(weird I know) well I found I had 4-5 inches of water in my trunk that was a ways up my battery and had gone half way up my master fuse box in the trunk . I'm afraid the water shorted out key systems . Has anyone had this happen to them and if so how did they fix it . Thank you so much for reading this. Mopar or no car

Old 03-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Maharrington
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I fixed it . Just posting what I did in case anyone else has/had this issue. I removed all my fuses and relays and took a blow dryer and dried all the wires and contacts. That I filed all the contact to remove corrosion . Than I sanded all the contact on the fuses and relays. Since my trunk has no plugs to drain water I drilled a 3/8 in hole and put a rubber grommet in place . After I did that all electric functions worked perfect and engine light eventually went off . Just make sure you guys check for water from time to time

Quick Reply: Electric issues due to water in the trunk