Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

06 RT 5.7 Hemi with Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:52 PM
Kjohnson1087
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 06 RT 5.7 Hemi with Electrical Issues

Not to sure how to describe this but.... First time I noticed this issue my car wouldn't let the engine shift out of second, took it to the shop they cleaned all the fluids and checked it out. Didn't happen for about a week later. Was at a stop and engine wouldn't shift down to a lower gear the engine was suck in 3rd gear, I can limb the car over and turn off the car and this will fix the issue. Has anyone had this issue ??? my mechanic cant figure out what the problem would be .

Old 06-23-2014, 12:21 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kjohnson1087
Not to sure how to describe this but.... First time I noticed this issue my car wouldn't let the engine shift out of second, took it to the shop they cleaned all the fluids and checked it out. Didn't happen for about a week later. Was at a stop and engine wouldn't shift down to a lower gear the engine was suck in 3rd gear, I can limb the car over and turn off the car and this will fix the issue. Has anyone had this issue ??? my mechanic cant figure out what the problem would be .
Kjohnson1087,

I'm sorry to learn of your shifting concern. Have any error codes been set? Is the concern intermittent, or does it occur each time the transmission tries to downshift from 3rd?

Old 02-18-2016, 04:09 AM
Magnasport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably an intermittent speed sensor, there are 2 and cost less then $25 each.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:12 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Old thread.

Quick Reply: 06 RT 5.7 Hemi with Electrical Issues