Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Get a Hemi sound

Old 08-10-2014, 09:15 AM
mjohndiane
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get a Hemi sound

I have a 2005 Magnum R/T and would like it to sound more like a Hemi, however I do not want to do any radical replacement. I've seen on "Blastin Bob" website a blot on Glasspac that replaces the resonaters, but leaves the "suitcase" mufflers alone. Has anyone done anything like this?

Old 08-11-2014, 01:23 PM
honu
Amateur

I have and they worked out perfectly... the sound is a nice, mellow "burble", with a minimal "drone".

There is at least one difference between your '05 and my '07... mine came equipped with the high flow, R/T, R/T exhaust system. I don't know how much that would influence the sound, but the Blastin' Bobs resonator replacements open up the most restrictive components of the exhaust system.

Blastin' Bobs offers several different versions of his resonator replacement kits, depending on how loud you want the exhaust to be. I actually went to his shop, told him what I wanted to have the car sound like and have them installed. I ended up with the "quietest" set-up he makes... they created the perfect, mellow tone.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:53 PM
mjohndiane

Did U get the Glasspack or the Straight Pipes? Does it make any difference the tips that is chosen other then appearance?
M John

Old 08-13-2014, 02:16 AM
honu
Amateur

Originally Posted by mjohndiane
Did U get the Glasspack or the Straight Pipes? Does it make any difference the tips that is chosen other then appearance?
M John
Glasspacks... the straight through pipes will definitely create the dreaded drone. As for the tips, I'm thinkin' it's a style thing... pick whatever ya like.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:49 AM
mjohndiane

Thanks for your input honu. I have contacted blastin bob and ordered what U have suggested. I'll keep U posted as to how they turn out.
Thanks again
M John

Old 08-21-2014, 10:04 AM
mjohndiane

I ordered the glass packs as U suggested and installed them.
Thank U for your help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Get a Hemi sound