Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

"Heavy duty" radiator: no trans cooler..?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 03:36 AM
DafTekno
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Heavy duty" radiator: no trans cooler..?

Dear Dodgers,

I've just received a "heavy-duty" radiator (from Rock Auto) to assist in cooling my Magnum during towing.

However, it doesn't have a transmission cooler on it.

Does this mean that the "heavy-duty" radiators fitted to Magnums with the "towing package" didn't have built-in transmission coolers, but instead used the freed-up space to increase the size of the coolant radiator and deployed a totally separate transmission cooler..?

Or do none of the V8 R/T Magnums have a combined coolant / transmission cooler radiator?
(My transmission has piping coming out and heading towards the front of the car, so they're clearly going to some form of cooler).
If this is so, then I may well have been sent a standard radiator that isn't "heavy-duty" atall!

If anyone can help me clarify this situation, I'd be much obliged!

Thanks - D

Old 12-03-2014, 06:22 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

an add on trany cooler would be good. allso. use ONLY steel brake lines. copper WILL break off. the factory uses steel for a reason!!!! mopar most use 3/8 dia tube, but some might be 5/16. i think most have the fluid in at the rear left side. here is an EXTERANL filter, i found. have one on my 01 dak. my idea is when you put a new filter in side this one will help from having to do the inside one as often.*
the old auto zone 2210 magenfine filter is no longer available at auto zone. BUT i did find the same thing as JX-160 brand-- ATP. at a real parts house uses 3/8" tube. a JX-150 for 5/16 tube. ONLY use high pressure hose. If you must. SAE J1019 217 psi working. NOT fuel hose for a carb engine.

Quick Reply: "Heavy duty" radiator: no trans cooler..?