Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Nivomat installation to R/T: Easy or a pain..?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 03:41 AM
DafTekno
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nivomat installation to R/T: Easy or a pain..?

Dear Dodgers,

I installing my HHP tune via my Diablo InTune.
After a while / several seasons, I've noticed that my traction control / ESP doesn't seem to do much any more.

If I hit some snow / ice, my wheels will spin and my dash light will flash, but I can't discern any attempt by the computer to reduce the spinning.

I'm pretty sure back when my tune was stock, if I hit a bit of ice, the dash light would flash and the computer would kill the power / apply the ABS to stop the skidding / sliding. It was a real party-pooper, but also very handy on busy tight corners in the Winter. If fun was required, I could hit the dash switch to disengage the ESP, afterwhich the back end was suitably delinquent.

Now, it seems like the computer makes no attempt to stem the power or balance the brakes.
HHP say their tune does not have any ESP defeat written into it, so they aren't to blame.

One odd thing though:
Every time I go to the 'Quick Adjust' settings on my InTune, and select 'Traction Control', it always defaults to 'Cancel'.
Even if I then request 'On' and go through the 'Key Off' / 'Key On' cycle, if I return to the 'Traction Control', it has snapped back to 'Cancel'.

Is there any way of checking that my ESP / Traction Control is working OK?
I've tried doing doughnuts in a snow-covered car-park, and Mags spins like a top either with or without the ESP engaged. I can't tell any difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could check or what may be going on here?

Thanks. Regards - D

Quick Reply: Nivomat installation to R/T: Easy or a pain..?