Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

06 magnum se v6 2.7 want to do a v8 swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 03:42 PM
Magnumse06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 magnum se v6 2.7 want to do a v8 swap

Hey guys I'm new in forum I just bought a 06 magnum v6 2.7 I like to swap it with a v8 how hard is it? What do I need for motor and parts? Thanks

Old 02-28-2015, 10:59 PM
Vitas1517

Its not possible.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:12 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitas1517
Its not possible.
Not true. Anything is possible with enough time and money. Op what is your budget for this swap? Doing a V8 swap will require a lot more than just the engine and depending on where you get the parts and who's doing the work, can cost you $5,000 to $10,000 or more. If you do a 5.7 swap you would need EVERYTHING from the donor car, all the wire harness, ECM, TCM, tranny, probably gauge cluster and shifter, etc. etc. If having a V8 is what you want, you should consider selling your car and buying a Hemi R/T or SRT

Last edited by jkeaton; 03-01-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:23 AM
timmypstyle
Rookie

^ X2. Less problems if something isn't installed correctly or a part (Engine tranny etc) is bad or has a good amount of wear, going to cost you a lot of money. I would say 10k plus. Also no warranty on anything. Buy a used r/t and depending on dealership and mileage, they might give you a small warranty with a possibility of an extended warranty. With a swap like that you basically open the hood and replace everything...and tranny, and driveshaft, and you have to see if the axles need changed out because the v8 ones might be bigger...
Overall you can get an r/t for the same price or less than a swap and it will look like an r/t with the higher level wheels, brakes, emblems, etc

Old 03-03-2015, 11:52 AM
timmypstyle
Rookie

Or upgrade yours for less than $5k...exhaust, custom tune, intake...or for more money, high performance internals. Stock is 190hp. With intake, tune, and exhaust general rule of thumb is about a 15 percent increase. So based on that you could add about a 29 hp increase. I had a custom tune and intake on my 08 V6 f150 and the tune feels like more than it gives a lot of times because the numbers are the peaks and tunes strengthen the whole power band. High performance internals. ...for 10k you could supercharge it or do a camshaft or whatever. A high performance camshaft can give you a lot more power but other internals may be required too. Custom tune is required with any aggressive upgrade....and may be required for mild ones. Intake and exhaust you don't need to. There are also ways to make your stock intake flow better and flow more air for less than $20 plus the higher flow filter (usually about $60 but is usually a clean and reuse filter for life). Dry filters you can vacuum off the dirt and reinstall, wet AKA oiled filters are a little more involved in cleaning but can have a less restricted flow. Oiled filters also have a risk of sucking in the oil thru the filter if too much is applied which can get on sensors in your intake and make them read wrong. They can be cleaned still tho. I have had oiled filters(k&n) for over 10 years and never had a problem because of them. Also had them in 5 vehicles over that time.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:15 PM
REDRUM_MAGNUM

Honestly I would sell what you have now Buy an RT and then add after market parts to boost. cuts out a ton of hassle and will cost you about the same
I bought my RT for $11,000.

Quick Reply: 06 magnum se v6 2.7 want to do a v8 swap