Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

bas/lightning bolt light and goes into dummy mode

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 03:16 PM
stedfast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bas/lightning bolt light and goes into dummy mode

okay so I have an 06 Dodge Magnum with a v6 motor while driving as long as I'm accelerating everything is okay as soon as I let go of the accelerator or take my foot off the gas pedal the BAS and lightning bolt light flash on my dashboard then the car loses all power and has no throttle I read numerous threads on this some people say it's the key fob some people say its the throttle body and some people say that the transmission has anyone else had this issue??? Help please!

Old 02-10-2015, 03:35 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The lightening bolt is telling you of a problem with the Electronic Throttle Control system. If a problem is detected the light will come on while the engine is running.. Cycle the ignition key when the vehicle has completely stopped and the gear selector is in the Park position. The light should turn off. If the light remains lit with the engine running your vehicle will usually be driveable, however, see you dealer for service ASAP. If the light is flashing when the engine is running, immediate service is required and you may experience reduced performance, an elevated /rough idle or engine stall and your vehicle may require towing.

Here's a thread on the BAS light...has something to do with traction control....there are a couple existing threads if you search.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-m...se-help-6.html

Old 06-19-2019, 09:51 PM
Barricade9mm

Hey guys. I just had the same problem with the throttle a 2005 Dodge Magnum SXT 3.5lt. I also got the RED LIGHTNING BOLT. After alot of research, Its the throttle body. Magnum/Charger/300 have an electronic throttle. I called the Dodge dealer and he explained that when a customer comes in with this problem they found that the throttle body is not communicating with the computer and since the computer cannot communicate it put the engine in "SAFE MODE". I changed my throttle body and problem went away. Also make sure its an OEM Part. No generic. Hope this information helps. Good Luck.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:01 AM
Christian Dragon

Originally Posted by stedfast
okay so I have an 06 Dodge Magnum with a v6 motor while driving as long as I'm accelerating everything is okay as soon as I let go of the accelerator or take my foot off the gas pedal the BAS and lightning bolt light flash on my dashboard then the car loses all power and has no throttle I read numerous threads on this some people say it's the key fob some people say its the throttle body and some people say that the transmission has anyone else had this issue??? Help please!
Yes I Have a 06 Hemi Durango and been having this problem for months i just replaced key which was 250$ just to still have the problem persist.. i replaced throttle body but did not give it time to adjust cause truck shut down after I replaced it so I said **** that put old part back on and problem still remains gonna replace computer in the next few weeks and I pray that fixes it a few people have told me thats what my issue is and I believe it i have thought the same thing even before I was told to replace the pcm/computer so ima stick with my gut and see what happens.

Quick Reply: bas/lightning bolt light and goes into dummy mode