Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

ABS Issue, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 12:38 PM
MuscleMike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Issue, Please Help!

I would first like to say this is my first post on this forum. I logged in to tap into the wealth of knowledge a forum can provide, for I am at a loss. This problem has me trumped and I appreciate any help myself and the owner can get, thank you in advance.

The vehicle is a 2005 Dodge Magnum with the 3.5L V6 motor. The vehicle shows the code C-1011, left front wheel speed sensor erratic performance. The ESP, BAS, and ABS light come on randomly then stay on until the next drive. Sometimes you can drive an hour before they turn on, sometimes it is 30 seconds.

I replaced the wheel speed sensor on the front left wheel but the condition remained. I swapped the new sensor from the left side with the old sensor from the front right wheel to rule out the possibility of a bad new sensor, the condition remained the same so the new sensor was good. His front left hub bearings had some play in them so I replaced the hub assembly which also comes with a new tone wheel, the condition still remains.

I know he could have a bad ABS module but is that the only possibility that remains? We would greatly appreciate any help, thank you!

Old 06-15-2015, 11:46 AM
MuscleMike

Over 200 Views and no help?

Old 06-22-2015, 03:31 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Originally Posted by MuscleMike
I know he could have a bad ABS module but is that the only possibility that remains? We would greatly appreciate any help, thank you!
Was looking at the service manual and some things were indicated that could be causing erratic performance:

Check all related wiring for bruised, chafed, pierced, or partially broken wires.

Check all related connectors for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.

Check the tone wheel teeth for missing teeth, cracks, or looseness. Teeth should be perfectly square, not bent, or nicked.

Visually inspect the Anti-Lock Brake Module harness connector, Left Front WSS, Left Front WSS harness connector, and Left Front WSS tone wheel (if applicable) for damage.

Quick Reply: ABS Issue, Please Help!