Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Instrument panel stops and starts again

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 02:23 AM
odawa_man_200
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument panel stops and starts again

I have a 2005 dodge magnum SE. The instrument panel will stop and start again as I'm driving, causing the cruise control to stop and the AC to shut off. My seat belt chime will not stop chiming, both air bag lights will not shut off, the car gets very very poor gas mileage, almost a 1/8 of a tank to drive 15 miles. It keeps giving me a P0038 code but i have replaced both O2 sensors. Now only two speakers will work and the one keeps going in and out and they are all Brand New speakers. I'm at wits end trying to figure this out, whether a bad clockspring or bad ground in the instrument cluster....Please Help!!!

Old 08-24-2015, 04:43 PM
draftingmonkey
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odawa_man_200
... whether a bad clockspring or bad ground in the instrument cluster....Please Help!!!
Another possibility is that these cars are made with not a lot of slack in the wiring harness and it could be that you have some wiring connections (plugs) being pulled apart. So you need to check your ground connections and the connectors coming from the dash.

Quick Reply: Instrument panel stops and starts again