Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Electrical - weird turn signal issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 04:37 PM
czarofom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical - weird turn signal issue

I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum SXT AWD with 153k milege. I am the original owner, it still runs great and it is a basic dream to drive. I have asked three Dodge dealers for an opinion about this problem, and I got three different opinions. To anyone out there with good electrical experience on the Dodge Magnum or Chrysler 300, your fourth or more opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Here it is. The car just passed inspection this week with no problems. However, at night with the headlights on, the right front turn signal fails to flash, and the right rear turn signal goes into fast flash mode. I have tested this with just the parking lights on or the headlights on, and the result is the same. There is no warning light, so I am guessing there is no error code. There are no aftermarket electrical modifications to the car. When I shut the lights off, shut the car off and restart, the right front and rear turn signals work just fine. The three dealer opinions are:
1. The turn switch in the steering column needs to be replaced.
2. It's not the turn switch, but an electrical module that controls the juice to the turn signals.
3. It's not the module, but there is probably an electrical short at or around the wiring for the front headlight.

Your turn.

Quick Reply: Electrical - weird turn signal issue