Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Does it make sense to buy a Magnum with a blown engine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 02:51 PM
speedwheels
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dodge Magnum 6.1 Engine Installer?

Folks,
A 2005 Magnum RT AWD popped up local to me with 208k miles on it. However, the engine is toast so I am exploring putting a 6.1 engine in it. Anyone know if I can get a refurbished or used low mileage 6.1 Hemi in there ? Typical cost of engine with install? For about 5 or 6k it might make sense. I am unable to do any of the work myself and I will have to hire a garage somewhere in Connecticut or South Mass to source an engine and put it in. Is my cost estimate even realistic? If so, any shop recommendations in the CT area? Mopar noob here. Thanks for your responses in advance.

Last edited by speedwheels; 07-15-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:26 AM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

[deleted by me]

Old 07-19-2016, 10:43 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

If it's AWD, I would pass. Especially 208K in the rust belt.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:02 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want to put an SRT engine in it you're gonna exceed your budget. Also keep in mind the transfer case may not hold up to that engine (there's a reason it wasn't an oem install). If underneath isn't **** then it might be worth it to drop another 5.7 in it.

Old 10-03-2016, 02:59 AM
daniel17mik
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im currently rebuilding mine...motor is out and im at decision point. check out my post in the magnum section for pics. i would let it go for 6k w/o fixing it...but otherwise it will be all fixed and put back in sometime later this week. then ill be looking to sell it, but not in a hurry at 8-9k range. it has 118k miles fully loaded, navi, cream leather interior, sits on deep dish 22s, and much more. super clean ...i am in california, but you should buy mine lol.

Quick Reply: Does it make sense to buy a Magnum with a blown engine?