Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

-4-04 Code Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 12:26 PM
2006DodgeMagnumSXT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -4-04 Code Help

Hi everyone, I recently received a flashing check engine light on my 2006 Dodge Magnum SXT. I restarted my car and after that, a check gas cap message on my car appeared. After checking it multiple times and making sure it clicked 3 times, the messaged continued to appear every time I turned my car on that day. I finally replaced the gas cap and it was off for about two days. This morning, as I was on the freeway, the check engine came on. I went online to check how to find the code and I received "- 4-04" which isn't listed on the code lists I've researched online. I'm a girl and I don't wanna get ripped off at the mechanic. I feel like I get the run around from the mechanics I've seen. My dad used to take care of my car when I had a problem but unfortunately he has passed so this really sucks. So before I go take it into the shop I would like to know what the problem is so I don't get dupped.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Here's a picture of the code I see.

Quick Reply: -4-04 Code Help