Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Disconnected battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 06:10 AM
kornholio
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Disconnected battery

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-08-2006, 11:13 AM
MagnumRT
Captain

Don't forget to also reset the gas pedal............................

You must recalibrate the gas pedal..............................

Bob

Old 01-08-2006, 12:15 PM
kornholio

I didn't read anything about the gas pedal. How do you do that?

Old 01-08-2006, 12:19 PM
kornholio

[

Old 01-08-2006, 12:29 PM
kornholio

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/27261/37DF3DC4BA04422B9D1FA506C8BB7143.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-08-2006, 03:33 PM
hyperbolic

Calibrate gas pedal; turn key to on, wait for dash lights to go out, press pedal to the floor, release, turn car off, restart car and drive. Never read that this is a procedure from Dodge or a technical explanation of how this affects performance. Some people report a more responsive car, others no change. I've done it and have not noticed any difference. May have something to do with learning curve of computer. I think aggresive driving would accomplish the same thing.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Husker
Professional

If you want to reset the PCM, simply pull fuse number 11 under the hood. Pull the fuse, wait a few minutes then put it back. PCM reset and no messing with the rest of that crap..

Old 01-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Jaime340
Professional

i disconected my batery about 2 months ago and havnt reseted anything or felt a difrence, is my car in danger of anything im i loosing gas milage or anything of that fact?

Old 01-14-2006, 02:01 AM
silvermagsxt

The OBD II system (onboard diagnostic system) monitors the performance of the emissions, engine and automatic transmission control systems. The OBD II system will reset itself under normal driving after you disconnect the battery. There is a test you can complete to see if you OBD II system has reset after the battery has been disconected. If you have a 2005 Magnum please refer to pages 278, 279 and 280 of your manual. The manual gives a good explaination of the system and how to complete the test. I disconnected my battery to install a CAI and JET chip. I Performed the diagnostic test after I installed the negative battery terminal and the computer failed the test. I then drove the car to and from work the next day, which is 70 miles. I then tested the system and it passed(meaning the OBD II has reset itself for optimum performance). I figure Diamler wouldn't engineer a vehicle that would need a service dept. to update the computer system everytime the consumer diconnected the battery (This would be too much of a inconvinence). I am not a mechanic or technician but i've owned many BMW's and they were never sensitive to a simple battery disconnect. In my opinion Diamler Chrysler has started to engineer some of the best cars, trucks and suv's available. They are indeed going to please all the gearheads like myself and others, young and old when they release the Challenger. It will the rebirth of the muscle car era! It would be great if Diamler Chrystler would release some of the other muscle cars from the 60's and 70's. SEE YA!

Old 01-17-2006, 06:19 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

I installed the OEM trailer wiring harness and disconnected the battery. After reconnecting, all i had to do was reset my 6CD radio presets and the clock. All the other selections in my convenience group and other equipment remained the same as before.

Quick Reply: Disconnected battery