Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

ESP/BAS Light on dash! Please Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 12:56 PM
The Mayor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esp,bas,abs lights random

I have a 2006 R/T magnum, the ESP means Electronic Stability System, the BAS means brake assist system and the ABS is your antilock brake system. This together, is your safety system. When those lights are on, your safety system is not working. I have had every thing replaced that could make those lights come on. They still come on randomly. The cruise and the radio also are random coming on and off. I was told that this is common on magnums and it is the ecm that needs to be replaced. That is the electronic controll modual. That is the main brain. The part alone is $500. After replacing all that I have, and have been on the highway with no cruise or safety system and paying for satallite and can't listen to it, I think that I'm gonna take it in to the Dodge dealer, have only the master tech work on it, and maybe the ecm will fix it all, will let you all know what happens. I worked at Dodge dealerships for 7 years, used to sell the magnums. Although most of the mechanics are very good and go the extra mile, some are not. The master tech is the only one I trust my car with. They never give up until it is right!

Old 01-02-2014, 11:11 AM
1500blackram

Originally Posted by jcs11236
hey guys.. i need all your help.. i have a 2005 dodge magnum se which i love.. the only problem is the my esp/bas light keeps coming on in my dash.it comes on and goes if i were to restart the car.. lately it has been constantly on all the time.. i took it to the dealer and they are telling me that it has to do with my 20 inch rims on my magnum.. is this possible?? does anyone elses esp/bas light come on because of there rims? i am a lil worried because im not sure what exactly this esp/bas light means? is it that might brakes might fail or something?? i need help.. what do you guys suggest i do?? please someone help me!! i tried what the manual says- turning the wheel left and right but that didnt help..
ur power trans fuse may be blown fuse 17 I thi think under the hood....30a fuse pink.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:46 PM
gretsch58

I understand the frustration here. I have a 08 Magnum. My ESP/BAS light and that little sliding car light is on. Sometimes it goes off for a while and sometimes it just comes on after turning a corner am never goes off. I checked the code thing with the ignition switch and get nothing. My car only has 55k miles. I've had fords with over 100k and never had problems like this. I'm tired of all the god damn sensors on these cars. And the dealer or stealer charges way too much coin to just sit there and guess at the problem.

This is a problem and should have been addressed from the stealer to the manufacture to issue a recall. But my guess is that it's not really a safety issue, so why bother. @kellygirl, you should have just charged back your credit card being they never fixed the issue but had no problem charging you 1000 bucks. I did this once when a KIA stealer tried this **** and charged 900 bucks and still didn't fix the problem. I got all my money back. And guess what? They are no longer in business...

Old 01-28-2014, 10:22 AM
jackhammer
Default Esp/bas

I have a warranty and went to the dealer with this problem. The ESP light would go on whenever I turned left with the turn signal on. Not any other time. I could get it to go off when I turned the wheel all the way left and right. The dealer repaired the problem and no problem since.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:33 PM
ironman2495

Start off with the basics, Check the Battery, make sure all cables are tight, if persists, check the charge of the battery....

Old 04-04-2014, 01:30 PM
The Mayor

Took my 2006 Dodge magnum to the Master tech. He found that the front left hub was bent, threw off the gear box. He replaced the front hub and sensors, replaced the gear box which has inner and outter tyrods attached to gear box.( one part). When the safety system is not working the cruise will not work as well. Only makes sense. The radio/6 disc/nav unit was just plain ole bad, got one off the net. Works Great. No more lights, Great sound drives like brand new. Love this Car!!!

Old 01-22-2015, 05:32 PM
RAThompson
Default 06 Magnum with ESP/BAS lights

I have an 06 Magnum 3.5l with 20's. I have had the 20's for a few months with no issues. I recently put a starter on and have since has this trouble. To get the starter in I had to disconnect the intermediate shaft from the steering column to the rack. I apparently let the steering get out of center during this process. Until I read this thread, I was trouble shooting the problem trying to figure out what caused it. I have an alignment scheduled and will hopefully resolve my issue. I have never had the ESP/BAS come on before now and feel very lucky after seeing all the problems others have had. Thanks for the information.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:40 PM
rramirez300
Default eps bas light

I had same problem only when it ranis, the lights went away the first couple of times after it rained but this time the lights stayed on for about a week, i tried just about everything listed in this string but not the dealer, the lights went away for $1.50, i went to the carwash and power washed the disk and everywhere around the calipers and rotors just follow the wire/line that leads into that area, i power washed all four i got pretty wet but as soon as i pulled away from the carwash the lights went out. try it and see if lights clear. it's been only two days and the lights have not appeared.... now i can use the cruz control.

good luck

Old 11-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Julius2805

Get a wheel aliment my 05 dodge mag started flashing the bas light on the dash after i got some front end work done after a week i got my wheel aliment and the light went off and stays off only time it comes on is when i get front end work done that throws my aliment out so please dont spend your money at Chrysler dealer techs there are dumb as hell get u a wheel aliment happen every time i get front end work done cheap fix 60 bucks

Old 11-07-2016, 06:10 PM
LAKOTA169
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had this problem for quite a while, but all my driving was around town (short trips), so I wasn't too worried about cruise. Because of health issues (in hospital 6 times for a total of 99 days over 1 year), I wasn't able to check it out. Then about a month ago, the CEL came on also. Went to take the car in for an oil change, and when I started to drive it, it was in "Limp Mode". Wouldn't shift gear. Took it to a trans shop that we have used before (and trust). They checked trans and said it was ok. They think it is something electrical. They also checked wheel sensors. I have an '05 Magnum R/T with just over 55k miles.

Quick Reply: ESP/BAS Light on dash! Please Help!!!!