Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

ESP/BAS Light on dash! Please Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 03:13 PM
kellygirl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After replacing steering sensor and some control module, my light shines bright. Esp/bas light will remain on as I have spent $1000.00 on it and its still lit.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:04 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kellygirl
After replacing steering sensor and some control module, my light shines bright. Esp/bas light will remain on as I have spent $1000.00 on it and its still lit.
Who did the repair? and who diagnose it?
If you can Provide us the Diagnostic Trouble Code your mechanic pulled from his diagnostic, we could probably help.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:03 PM
cpmgrp
Default Check my answer on previous page

As i recall the easiest, cheapest is usually the way to go - for me I believe that was an alignment. I also had other work as described

Old 11-12-2011, 05:40 PM
hoser29

i agree...u cant guess...i guess i have to take it in..... i just dont think i trust mechanics... i been ripped off before....and to top it off i work for a ford dealership... i know how they work....

Old 12-01-2011, 05:34 AM
Benetto

Originally Posted by kellygirl

You have a bad sensor...My esp/bas light came on right after I had a catback magnaflow system put in. The new exhaust ran RIGHT by my crank shaft sensor and heated it so much the plastic housing warped and ruined the sensor...I took it to the dealer, they ran a diagnostic...And viola just a 30 dollar sensor, and about 2 hours of labor. I have an AWD Hemi and the sensor swap was a bitch because of all the extra stuff underneath..It should be cake with a non AWD RT. Good luck! sorry to hear you spent a thou on it so far.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Don Boyce

Having same prob with my 2005 Magnum.Esp Bas and ABS lights on steady.Cruise controll not working either.Dealer changed rear left wheel sensor,and will change left rear axel tomorrow morning,mech says the magnet in old axel may be demagnitized.(lol) we shall see tomorrow morning.If no change they can take out all the new parts they installed and Put old ones back in.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:02 AM
cpmgrp
Default DON read my post on ESP-BAS

ESP-BAS-ABS
In my case, an alignment and brake job did the trick, I think it was a while ago - check the post (probably a couple of pages back by now). Sometimes those lights really warn you of the things they're designed to warn you of.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Don Boyce

Dealer fixwd my ESP BAS ABS lights.Was sensor strip on axel rust built up under strip and broke strip.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:56 AM
cpmgrp
Default Lights and potential financial help from Dodge

It's amazing the number of different fixes/diagnosis for this similar problem. Also funny that many of us tried to save some $$ by going to a local mechanic; and still ended up at the dealer.

BTW, seeing ll the entries, a call to Dodge/Chrysler customer Svc. might get you a beak on the price. It's not something they advertise, but when my console shifter broke (along with thousands of others), $700 came down to a $200-$250 "co-pay" once I called Dodge.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:20 AM
CTRice

I have a 1999 Dodge Journey that just started lighting up the ESP/BAC warning light. I am starting to wonder if issues like this are just another way to fleece the customer. I also have an '02 Ram 1500 that lost its parking and tail lamps. After spending a total of $300 on various parts, I learned that I needed a new power control module ($550 more). I discovered the old PCM had slots on the bottom that were open to road splash. The result was corrosion inside the PCM. The new PCM came with a protective boot for protection from road splash. I will probably live with the ESP/BAS light on for a while until our furum gets to the bottom of this fiasco.

Quick Reply: ESP/BAS Light on dash! Please Help!!!!