Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Obsolete - Magnum Do It Yourself information

Old 07-20-2012, 04:59 PM
wgl0@comcast.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am getting ready to change plugs, 5.7 hemi. How does the disconnect work separating the coil pac from the wires?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:15 PM
dgunner

How hard is it to replace the oxygen sensors in my 2008 Dodge Magnum

Old 10-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Lungedoe13
Question Help!!! I cant get my 06 Magnum SXT up & running!!

Ok.. I just purchased a 06 Dodge Magnum SXT from my brother w/ only 87,000 miles on it. But the problem is that the car barely turns over, and when it does it only runs for a few seconds and then stalls. The check engine light as well as the lightning bolt between ) ( is flashing. The battery is also dying on it so I have to get a jump every time I have something done to the car. 1st took it to my a recommended mechanic and he told me that the "computer" PCM needed to be reset, or "flashed' so I got the car towed to the dealer to have the work done. The dealer supposedly flashed the PCM but the same problems still persist, so I had them do a diagnostic. Afterwards, they told me that I needed a new PCM, Tipm, & a Throttle Body Assembly. Parts along with labor totaled $2,200 dollars so I ended up just paying for the Dianostic/PCM flash and got the car towed back to my house. I then got my mechanic to look @ the car and he went to the Tipm and noticed that one of the connectors for the Front Control Module was damaged so he disconnected it and the car started right up, but it stalled within 2-3 seconds afterwards. He told me that I needed a new FCM but I'm not sure if he's right so I was looking for a 2nd opinion to prevent me from buying something that I don't actual don't need. I've also been told that it could be a problem with the security on my car and that it may need to be reset due to my battery dying. So, does anybody have any idea of what the problem could be with my car?

Last edited by Lungedoe13; 10-31-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Lungedoe13
Red face

Originally Posted by Lungedoe13
Ok.. I just purchased a 06 Dodge Magnum SXT from my brother w/ only 87,000 miles on it. But the problem is that the car barely turns over, and when it does it only runs for a few seconds and then stalls. The check engine light as well as the lightning bolt between ) ( is flashing. The battery is also dying on it so I have to get a jump every time I have something done to the car. 1st took it to my a recommended mechanic and he told me that the "computer" PCM needed to be reset, or "flashed' so I got the car towed to the dealer to have the work done. The dealer supposedly flashed the PCM but the same problems still persist, so I had them do a diagnostic. Afterwards, they told me that I needed a new PCM, Tipm, & a Throttle Body Assembly. Parts along with labor totaled $2,200 dollars so I ended up just paying for the Dianostic/PCM flash and got the car towed back to my house. I then got my mechanic to look @ the car and he went to the Tipm and noticed that
one of the connectors for the Front Control Module was damaged so he disconnected it and the car started right up, but it stalled within 2-3 seconds afterwards. He told me that I needed a new FCM but I'm not sure if he's right so I was looking for a 2nd opinion to prevent me from buying something that I don't actual don't need. I've also been told that it could be a problem with the security on my car and that it may need to be reset due to my battery dying. So, does anybody have any idea of what the problem could be with my car?
Update: Ok, I went and bought a new battery & had it installed. Then I was able to finally pull codes by doing the "key dance" and 2 came up. P0688, & P2101. I know that the 2101 code is a thottle body issue so I got mines cleaned 1st to see if I'll help but it's still cutting off on me plus the code is still coming up, so I've ordered another one. Now as far as the 0688 code I know its the ASD relay issue so I bought a new relay and I'm going to install it in the morning due to the fact its raining right now.. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens..

Old 02-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Muriel02
Default wiper/ signal/ washer

Hi, I am having problems with my 06 magnum. My wipers don't turn on unless my signals are engaged... also my washer fluid is not squirting on the windshield but works perfectly on the rear window. how do I replace the multiswitch in the steering column???

Last edited by Muriel02; 02-04-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:51 PM
yoshiltz400

Diy link at the beginning of this thread doesn't seem to be working. I am familar to DF from my Dakota but I just bought an 06 Magnum R/T and am eager to start some mods.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:12 PM
TOMR67

Diy link does not work

Old 08-02-2014, 01:58 AM
blueneck

Cant access the DIY file. Where can I get that?

Old 10-22-2014, 08:56 AM
fifayou

I need to change it asap??

________

Last edited by jkeaton; 02-22-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:47 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

Thread is closed. Links are obsolete

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Obsolete - Magnum Do It Yourself information