Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2002 Neon- Bad Vibrations- Mechanic cannot fix!

Old 10-01-2011, 04:25 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack251
After taking it to the dealer today, they are quoting me $1500 to replace the "rear engine mount,"- which darthroush suggested. I was surprised it was that expensive, since the other two mounts I had replaced had cost approx $200 (but I know next to nothing about cars so...) So my question now is, can I still run the car without doing these repairs? Honestly, the car is not even worth this much. I don't mind putting up with vibrating or shaking while I get the funds together for a new car. Oh, and it was an emissions leak, so the engine light is now off
Buy the mount for ~$40 off of Amazon.com and pay a shop to change it. Should only take like an hour or so. The dealer wants a few hundred, IIRC, for the mount alone. That's why KY is a good thing to take with you to that place...
Originally Posted by blazendizz
i dont have a number but i went to the junk yard today and seen the 97 2.0 that had the egr valve and it was hooked up with the same hose thats on my 05 on that filter
I'm going to mess with mine and see what happens.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:28 PM
blazendizz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool man let me know what happens there is only one way it can go on cuz if you take it off and blow through it on both sides you and only blow through one side of it

Old 09-09-2014, 06:46 PM
heathermay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it is your main motor mount aND requires tea

The main motor mount runs from side to side thru the bottom of the engine replacing the other mounts will not stop the vibration and in time rebrand the replaced mounts my car has done this for 4 years it's annoying but my car runs fine with it broken.. I have same car same problem..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Neon- Bad Vibrations- Mechanic cannot fix!