Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Code P0016

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:37 PM
littleassassin2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code P0016

Alright, so I have a 2003 Dodge Neon SE, and sadly, she's going through hell atm but slowly coming out of it. As of right now, I have a P0016 code coming from every diagnostics test i've done with her, and i know it means that there's a cam/crankshaft sensor problem. Last year though, my crankshaft sensor crapped the bed and the engine refused to start, so i had it replaced and all was well. 3 days ago, in order to try and pass inspection i changed the crankshaft sensor and the code was still there. yesterday, i brought it back and replaced the timing belt, and i'm assuming they fixed anything if it had jumped or not (didn't ask, didn't care. my dad is the one working on the car so i trust him). The code has yet to disappear. We think it may be the camshaft sensor that is making the P0016 code stay but are unsure as to if anything else may be the cause of the problem. If anyone could offer a solution it would be great.

A recap of the repairs to fix the P0016 code:

1) camshaft sensor replaced
2) crankshaft sensor replaced
3) timing belt replaced/jumps fixed

Old 07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
puetrico82

hi i dont have a solution for you but i was wondering what you did for your car to restart cause i also got the code p0016 and i also replaced the crankshaft sensor so now i dont have the check engine light on anymore but the car wont start but wants to. i checked fuses but everything is ok, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:45 AM
littleassassin2

Originally Posted by puetrico82
hi i dont have a solution for you but i was wondering what you did for your car to restart cause i also got the code p0016 and i also replaced the crankshaft sensor so now i dont have the check engine light on anymore but the car wont start but wants to. i checked fuses but everything is ok, any help will be greatly appreciated.
If the car wants to start but won't, since you replaced the crankshaft sensor, the sensor you put in may be bad. I'd return the sensor and then get a new one and see if that helps, if it doesnt just leave the new crankshaft sensor in and go buy a new camshaft sensor because they're supposed to be replaced at the same time.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:29 PM
puetrico82

thank you for your response. the crank sensor was from ebay brand new (lol) and i just got the new (lol) cam sensor also from ebay and it still wont start. i have carmd, pretty much a diagnostic scanner and it doesnt tell me i had any codes so i disconnected the battery and tried again and still nothing so my scanner now tells me it wasnt able to cycle through my exhaust system which ive seen before. im now just waiting and trying my luck and if you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. oh and im in denial that i purchased faulty parts lol

Old 07-12-2012, 05:31 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wiring to both sensors is good? Cam magnet isn't broken or installed incorrectly (if it was removed)?

Quick Reply: Code P0016