Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Common Dodge Neon Repairs and Problems

Old 11-05-2011, 04:35 PM
killerwarhawk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey i have a 2004 Dodge Neon SXT with 130k on it and i had already had the engine replaced and water pump and such cause of the beautiful timing belt went and destroyed my engine. Now there is a bubbling noise sometimes after i turn off the car and the check oil light comes on every other time i start the car. Also it i overheats sometimes when driving. I brought it to my mechanic and he said it might be some computer chip problem. If anyone knows what is wrong and what not and how much to fix so i can get a better idea i already dumped a good amount of money into. Any advice or anything would be much appreciated

Old 11-05-2011, 04:39 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The bubbling noise/overheating might be caused by a bad radiator cap. Check that. The check oil light could be a bad sensor if the pressure really is good. The oil pressure sensors do indeed go out on these cars.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:09 PM
swede_x

Originally Posted by darthroush
Taillights seals are much more common to be the problem.

Agreed, I have heard that too. If we ever get any rain here I'll have to see if I have any problems with mine.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:14 PM
swede_x

Originally Posted by inderc
our 96 neon has gauge problems. Speedo, gas and odometer all work intermmitently. Any ideas out there.
Search around here, sometimes the connections come loose at the back of the panel. Pretty easy fix. Other times, the solder at the back of the black plugs on the plugs on the back of the gauge board get cracks and they work intermittently. Though usually that's just the speedometer and tach from what I've experienced. But I could be mistaken. Even if you aren't good with solder, it's a really easy fix. Caravans had a similar issue, if you look around you can find videos of how to do it.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:48 PM
oliverjose

Anybody there can give me an advise.. If im going to buy an engine auto scanner what would me the right thing to buy. My car is dodge sx 2.0.

Thanks

Old 12-11-2011, 11:11 PM
NeonGuy1025
Default Cluster Problem!?

I have a 2000 Plymouth Neon, and when I'm driving my cluster just shuts off and then I get the "No Bus" message and it always turns the air bag light on. but oddly if I push up on the window switch it turns back on and i know thats a short but I want to I know what I should do? if changing the cluster will just do the trick

PLEASE HELP

Old 12-13-2011, 10:23 AM
mopargene
Default 2002 neon R/T rear squeeking

I had a bad squeak in rear of Neon R/T, I replaced struts found them bad, squeak still there and car vibrates in rear over 60MPH, I greased trail arms, stablizers squeak goes awy for 2 weeks then returns anyone with same problem

Old 02-12-2012, 08:39 PM
hewitt002
Default 1998 neon

Hey all 1st post My Neon has a intermittent problem highway or city it will not rev. much past idle. leave it sit a couple hrs. and its fine. Any suggestions?

Old 03-01-2012, 03:00 AM
moparfan907
Angry Grinding

I have an '01 Neon manual trans that produces a grinding noise when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear and from 2nd to 1st. The grinding noises don't happen when I shift into or down from 3rd-5th. What is causing this? Is it the synchros (I'm assuming they are present)?

Before you ask, yes I know how to drive a stick. I started learning at 8 yrs old. 90% of the vehicles have driven have been manuals (all the ones I own ARE manuals)

Thoughts???

Old 03-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Reyr
Default 98 Neon: dash lights mystery

Hi, the dash lights recently went out on my 98 neon. I replaced the fuse that had blown and the lights came back on for about 5 minutes and then went out again, but the new fuse did not burn out, I have since tried several new fuses to no effect. Any suggestions for where I should look next? Help appreciated, thank you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Common Dodge Neon Repairs and Problems