Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Common Dodge Neon Repairs and Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 02:03 AM
Tfarr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-brake

Me and a friend were out racing the other night and when i pulled the E-brake nothing happen. any suggestions why?

Old 02-23-2013, 01:42 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Because it is a parking brake...

Old 03-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Jason Mumpower

i have a 2003 dodge neon sxt it drives great but when i hit a bump i have this bad rattling some say it could be my cv joints or ball joints or my axel can anyone help thanks

Old 04-11-2013, 03:55 AM
skyeoner
Default transmission problem

Sup guys, I have a 2004 dodge neon,(automatic) I been having a problem with the transmission which I think is the transmission. Whenever I speed up just a little it feels like a jerk or as if I was flooring the brakes, same goes when I slow down. Even when I'm driving it feels like the gears are having a hard time catching up.Can't be the brakes because I had just fixed that problem. What can it be? PLEASE HELP! I wanna have an idea with what I'm dealing with here.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:30 PM
c.colburn10
Default 98 neon stuttering while driving

I have a 98 dodge neon and I was driving home today, and the car started to stutter. It stuttered probably 4 or 5 times it seemed like it was going to stall or just cut out altogether, but then it came back and drove fine. Does anybody know what it could be?

Old 05-04-2013, 11:32 AM
swede_x

My 95 was doing the same thing last fall, it ended up dying at random times, and took longer to get started each time. after throwing money at it for a while, I had neighbor (A mechanic) replace the crank position sensor. He looked at the cam position sensor at the same time and found it was leaking oil around it and replaced that too. I can only assume it was the cam sensor but it's been working perfectly for the last few months since that was done.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:39 PM
gregorydaniels3160

I have a 2003 neon. I replaced the turn signal fuses. The car acts like it is being stolen or something. it would start up and run for 5 seconds and then shut down. Now it won't turn over at all. I still have power to everything though. Anybody know what's going on and how to fix it?

Old 05-13-2013, 08:24 PM
WillCuster
Default Neon-2001 Fuse questions.

We just bought a used 2001 Neon. It has a few weird tics- : It says FUSE in the mileage area and then DOOR even though no doors are open. We checked all the fuses supposed to be in for our model and all are fine. But one of the 30 amp fuses on the top is not in, it is next to: LHD? we dont know if that is a needed fuse or not. How would we find out more information.
Thanks you. new neon owner .

Old 06-02-2013, 09:42 AM
bklynrizz

As my daughter was exiting I-95 her 2004 Dodge Neon just went dead. I arrived on scene and tried to start it. It turned over but would not start. She said the car just went dead; all the lights went out and the radio. When she tried to start it nothing happened but when I tried it turned over. I had it towed to my house and tried jumping the battery but that didn't help. I checked the negative battery cable but that appeared to be fine. It still turns over but doesn't start. I thought it might be the fuel pump but I can hear the pump turn on. I held the butterfly open with a screwdriver but it still would not start. I would think if it is turning over then there must be spark and air but no fuel, this however, does not address the power loss.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Where should I look next?

Old 06-02-2013, 09:55 AM
bklynrizz
Angry 2004 Neon Will Not Start, Any Advice?

As my daughter was exiting I-95 her 2004 Dodge Neon just went dead. I arrived on scene and tried to start it. It turned over but would not start. She said the car just went dead; all the lights went out and the radio. When she tried to start it nothing happened but when I tried it turned over. I had it towed to my house and tried jumping the battery but that didn't help. I checked the negative battery cable but that appeared to be fine. It still turns over but doesn't start. I thought it might be the fuel pump but I can hear the pump turn on. I held the butterfly open with a screwdriver but it still would not start. I would think if it is turning over then there must be spark and air but no fuel, this however, does not address the power loss.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Where should I look next?

Quick Reply: Common Dodge Neon Repairs and Problems