Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Common Dodge Neon Repairs and Problems

Old 10-17-2007, 10:16 PM
tdevil_75
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Common Dodge Neon Repairs and Problems

manda521
My problem turned out to be the remote relay took them 3hrs to fix it simple part just hard to get to it's way up under the dash above the radio they told me it had burnt and they had to replace the plug as well . good luck with yours i hope you can get it fixed

Old 10-18-2007, 10:59 AM
auburn2001grad

Hi everyone, I'm new here...

I have a 2006 Dodge Neon. It started "missing" when I would drive it over 70 MPH, so for the longest time I was able to keep it under 70 and drive it just fine (the check engine light is on, too). Now it's started "missing" all the time and I'm not sure what's wrong with it. We just rebuilt the transmission, the service guy we took it to thought it might be the fuel filter so he replaced that but no luck. Anyone had this before? It feels like something electrical, like one of the wires isn't connecting when it should.

Thanks...

Old 11-20-2007, 12:52 PM
KidNicholas32

Okay so my girlfriend has a 2005 neon, manual transmission, about 42k miles. Normally the thing runs just fine, no real huge issues with it. Well until the other day. She tried to start it, couldn't, but when she gave it a ton of gas she got it to turn over but once she got down to normal idle rpm's, it kicked off. She was on the corner by an instant oil place who cleaned her fuel injection system, changed the oil etc., and she was good for about a week or so. Then the same thing started happening again. When she guns it, she can get it going and as long as the RPM's are going up, there is no issue, but at an idle, the car will stall. She thinks alternator, I think it could be the fuel pump but I'm open to anything from anyone that may have had something like this or it sounds familiar. Could it be a bad sensor like an O2 sensor?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:19 PM
lgutter

My car was "missing" and having "ghostly" problems. I taped down the sensor button on the driver door to stop the "ghostly" thing from happening and it worked. As for my car "missing" I replaced the spark plug wires myself which only cost $25-$30 bucks.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:32 PM
lgutter

The other day my neon started overheating, something that never happened before. I pulled over to take a look under the hood and realized that I did not have ANY antifreeze. I refilled it and drove it three blocks to my house. By the time I pulled in the garage it was overheating AGAIN. I came back to take a look at under the hood several hours later to see a stream of oil leaving the garage from my car. I think I might need a new oil pan and gasket but I'm not sure. Any input would greatly appreciated.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:50 AM
mattmartinez2002

wuz up!! im new here, i have a 2002 dodge neon having a little problem i can't keep the car to stop sputtering at an idle or when i take off from a stop i cant go pass 20 mph. i changed my o2 sensor and that wasn't it and i just might change my m.a.psensor see if thats it. let me know your input on this

Old 01-18-2008, 03:12 PM
tacklen74

hey hope someone can help me i have a 96 dodge neon SOHC. its a manual and i swapped the SOHC to a 98 DOHC. at first it ran but it would take forever to crank over i started it like twice and it ran like crap sounded like a vaccume leak so i found them i replaced an EGR gasket and i fixed the leak in my PCV valve when i tried to start it again i wouldnt start i clicked like on the first and 20th try but now it wont do anything no clicking or anything all my gauge lights work and my headlights i got the battrie checked and its alright. got the starter checked and it was ok. i checked the codes but the only thin that it had on it was disconnected coolent temp sensor so i fixed that and it still wont run i also checked all grounds and replaced the battrie terminals. please if anyone can help me i would really appricate it thanks.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:15 PM
tacklen74

think thats a blown headgasket the water leaked into your oil and started comming out. is the oil like watery?

Old 01-29-2008, 02:46 AM
dude22

hi all thx for the informations, i have a neon 1996, plz can u tell me how many sensors are there in my car and where i can find it?? and which is necessary to check if my rpm not working good when i start my car in the morning to worm it up? and sometimes when i'm driving it it goes up and not geting idle for some minutes
i know a little about cars and i want to fix these problems,sorry if i'nasking for too much

Old 01-29-2008, 10:17 AM
peterg

I NEED HELP!!!.
I have a 99 neon, and one day the radio, interior light, and the high beamsstopped working, actually only the day time runner works.
someone told me its the daytimesensor..i dont know where to start to look for it or what it looks like.
thaks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Common Dodge Neon Repairs and Problems