Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2005 Dodge neon sxt 2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 07:51 PM
ariggs2009
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge neon sxt 2 problems

first problem is that i installed a new clutch last week and a couple days later it feels like the clutch is not engaging how it should i am getting a loss of power when i go above 2500 rpm's and that is with any gears but gets worse with gears 4-5 any ideas other then bleeding the slave cylinder?? i am going to do that now

and my second problem is that i use to get an average MPG of 28-30 (300 plus per tank) and now i am getting 22 MPG consistently (about 240 per tank) has new plugs, wires, air filter and some BG fuel system cleaner and i dont recall it creeping up on me it was like one week it was good and the next it wasn't over this last week when i go to start up the car it has to turn over about 5 times before it wants to run and then the motor will run fine no codes or nothing the hard start will only happen on cold start up only when i go out to the store and only let it sit for about 30 min i will start it up and it will turn over the first time every time one a warm start up any ideas my friends???

car has 130K on it trans flush every 30 oil every 3 plugs at 60 air filter at 40 i kept up as much as i could on maintenance i dont beat the car up and its not a race car

Last edited by ariggs2009; 07-08-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:20 PM
sbhawaiian
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard that on some cars you can put the disc on backwards. (I have an auto Trans). I would also check your clutch master cylinder to make sure it's bled out and working properly.

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge neon sxt 2 problems