Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

help, afraid to drive

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 06:53 PM
justlacope
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help, afraid to drive

My battery cable came loose from the bracket on the know of the battery and after reconnecting, the car didn't crank initially. After few tries, it worked. But on the way to the store, It acted like it wanted to die out. Also, when I finally went to park and idled for a minute, the interior lit items flickered and the clock did to (obviously) then cut off completely.
Then started kind of okay. Then went to Publix, being afraid to stop I was going slow and as I slowed, seemed it wanted to stop again. As I left, the car stopped and the power came back on but not the engine. Started it again and it did it again, had to wait until green to crank shift and drive.

I'm deathly afraid to drive this car, I have a daughter also.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:19 PM
djbucky3
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean the connections to the battery, thats a good start. Another good idea is to stop going to publix and overpaying so horribly for food and spend more money on your car.

But start with the cleaning of both the cable and the studs on the battery. And a good idea to make sure its on securely...........

Quick Reply: help, afraid to drive