Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2003 Dodge Neon SXT Over heating?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Bryce_flores
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Dodge Neon SXT Over heating?!?!

My 2003 Dodge Neon keeps overheating when driving just around town. I have changed the water pump about 3 months ago, changed the thermostat countless times, and changed the radiator cap. I have oil in the car and it just keeps over heating! When i down shift and get higher RPM's the needle starts to go back down. I cant seem to find any other reason as to why it's overheating, so if you have any idea, please help!

Old 09-02-2014, 03:18 PM
sbhawaiian
Professional

Is your fan kicking in when the car heats up? If so is your radiator in good shape?

Old 09-06-2014, 04:34 PM
royt911
Amateur

I had the same problem in my 2005 SXT. I had to bleed it to get the air out and that worked for me. When the car is cold, I positioned the car so the radiator fill tube side of the car was higher in the air than the other side of the engine. I took off the radiator cap. (Not the overflow tank) Started the car and kept adding mixed antifreeze until it stopped bubbling. Then put the cap back on while it is still running. Don't let it get to the point where antifreeze starts gushing out.

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Neon SXT Over heating?!?!