Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

transmission as a jack point?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 05:28 AM
leadslushie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission as a jack point?

So I got caught on the spot and had to jack up a 05 neon with a jack that was to tall to fit under the jack points. I raised it by what i think is the transmission case which is silver, rounded and in the middle of the car just forward of the front tires. I didnt raise both tires off the ground just one and just enough to change the flat. and didn't hear any thing that would indicate that something was damaged. It seemed like a sturdy spot but i just want to double check.
P.s. theres already an issue with the transmission as it doesn't shift smoothly at all. It also goes into high rpms while in park when it's cold out. (both were issues before the flat tire.
thanks

Old 11-21-2014, 07:49 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Not a recommended practice, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Just dont make a habit of it.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:48 AM
leadslushie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i figured it was a risk, next time im going to make sure i have the right tools before offering to do car work for anyone hah

Quick Reply: transmission as a jack point?