Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2001 Dodge Neon; No Crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 05:46 PM
bskt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge Neon; No Crank no start

Where to begin...the car will not crank. I checked the fuses and relays; it appears they are all good. I jumped the starter relay terminal 30 to 87 and the starter engages. There is power to terminal 86 when i position the key to crank. There is no ground to terminal 85. i checked for continuity at the center post of the neutral safety switch and it is good. When i turned the key to on and jumped the starter the car would not start even though there was never a problem before the no crank condition. i tried the key dance to pull codes and got nothing (no response) and the check engine light does not come on at all even when I first turn on the ignition. i am leaning towards the PCM as the problem, but i would like to get a second opinion or two on how to proceed. I do not know how to confirm whether or not the PCM is the problem. Thanks in advance...

Old 03-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Majestika

I am currently having the EXACT same issue with my '01 1500. It's pissing me off. If you happen to figure something out, please post an update.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:54 PM
bskt

Will do...

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Neon; No Crank no start