Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

2002 dodge neon 2.0 sohc

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 03:57 PM
colons3499
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 dodge neon 2.0 sohc

hi, my name is frank, new this forum....I have a 2002 dodge neon, 2.0 sohc....about 2weeks ago I ran an errand, when I got back in my car it would not start, only cranked, after several attempts it finally started and ran fine with no check engine light. I drove it straight to my friends shop, ran fine. even though there was no check engine light on, he checked it for codes...he got po320, no crank signal to pcm... he looked it up and said it could be either the crank position sensor, cam position sensor, or speed something something ( bolted somewhere on the transmission). In order to determine which one it is, it would need to act up so he could check them, well it kept starting so we decided to change the cam position sensor, he changed the crank position sensor about a year ago so he decided to take the cheaper "guess" for me and put in the cam position sensor. Now here is where my problem is, after changing the cam position sensor, the car has started all the time, runs the same, BUT I have an intermittent problem where it wants to stall, mostly when I go to take off from a light, but sometimes it'll do it coming to a stop,,,, does it when it wants to....you can feel it "stumble" but catches itself....if it does stall, it will start right back up.......does anyone think I should go ahead and change the crankshaft position sensor??????

Quick Reply: 2002 dodge neon 2.0 sohc