Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

94 Dodge Sundance woes--newly acquired

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 10:45 AM
guppies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Dodge Sundance woes--newly acquired

Hello everyone. I just bought a 1994 Sundance yesterday from the Twin Cities. It has 113k on it. I don't know much about the car, but I know it overheats easily and you can't go above 70mph without the temperature climbing more than half way up the gauge. The car smells terrible inside like exhaust. All windows down and freeway driving were barely tolerable. Heater on full blast to help dissapate heat from engine to help with engine cooling. I notice on my drive back to ND from the twin cities that my groceries I had in the floor of the trunk got very very warm. My frozen stuff thawed completely and was warm to the touch even! I know this car has significant rust, but is this the where the exhaust is leaking into the car from, at the trunk? Is that what would cause the entire trunk to heat up like that? Is that dangerous? Isn't the fuel tank somewhere under the car in that area?

Thanks for all help!

Bought this in the twin 9/15/15 and drove it 240 miles or so to Fargo, ND and this is where it sat since arriving last night after its maiden trip with me.

Quick Reply: 94 Dodge Sundance woes--newly acquired