Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Damn Neon......

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 03:41 PM
robsdodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Damn Neon......

I have a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT. I have the code P2302. I have checked all wiring. I have installed new coil, plugs, wires. Made sure the plug gap is correct. Basically all the sensors under the hood are new. But it won't run right. Even had a new computer installed. (Here's what it does) I start the car... It runs great..... I can drive it with no problem for roughly 8-10 minutes. Then suddenly the check engine light comes on, then it starts to shutter, and shake. loss of power. And acts like it goes into limp mode. I checked all vacuum lines and wiring connections. (I'M AT A LOSS) Really need this car to get to work, and I wanna pass it down to my daughter who will be driving soon. If anyone can help me with this, I would be greatful......... Thank you

Last edited by robsdodge; 11-11-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:45 PM
robsdodge

Really short of money. And can't afford to take it to a pro... I did however take it to a friend of mine who runs a shop. He said he would try to see what was wrong with it in his spare time...... He did check it out. And he told me. This is the first time in all my years I can't figure out whats wrong with a Neon.....

Old 11-25-2015, 04:54 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Likely a bad PCM.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:30 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

It all has to do with ignition coil #1. Have you tried swapping all parts (coil, plug, wire) to another plug and see if the problem follows?

Old 02-19-2017, 11:15 AM
robsdodge

It was the coil.... my original coil had failed... So I went to Advance Auto and bought a new one thinking that would take care of the problem.... Nope... still had the problem. So the car sat for three months. was debating on selling it. then I thought I would take it to the local pro. he said he took a coil off of another car, just to see what it would do. And it started and ran fine. So the coil that Advance sold me was bad too. Brand new out of the box, bad :-(

Quick Reply: Damn Neon......