Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Engine light comes and goes

Old 07-19-2016, 02:39 AM
ArapahoJumbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine light comes and goes

I have an 05 SXT 2.0L .... well, it's my wife's car.

I've changed the plugs, wires, and ignition coil within the past year or so and rechecked them to make sure they're fine. I've also replaced the starter and crankshaft sensor before the wires, etc.

While at a stop the she idles at about 7-800 RPMs and shakes and the engine slightly bogs down for a second or two then the engine adjusts itself (foot still on the brake) to a little closer to 1000 rpms then runs regular. Idk if it's when the engine is warm or cold... BUT when I drive, I drive a little more aggressive, and I notice this happens moreso with me than my wife.

AND the check engine light comes on from time to time. Error code for misfire... and misfire on the 4th cylinder. But after a couple hours or after a couple trips into the store the engine light goes OFF.

But the error code is always the same.

I think I may just change the easily-accessible sensors - camshaft and idle control (MAP?) and go from there? Any advice is MUCH appreciated. Thank you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine light comes and goes